Customizing a Licensed Motion Graphics Template: A Walkthrough
Image source: Adobe Stock / Wavebreak Media.
by Nic Dean
posted on 03-04-2020
Adobe Stock Motion Graphics templates (MoGRTS) can dramatically speed up your workflow. With access to thousands of titles, overlays, lower thirds, and more, you can quickly find and customize professionally-designed motion graphics right inside Adobe Premiere Pro.
You can create your own unique graphics package by using multiple MoGRTS in a video. Be consistent with fonts and colors to seamlessly blend your motion graphics and videos together. See how easy it is to customize two unique MoGRTS to create this example travel vlog:
MoGRTS Source: Liquid Overlay Story; Wave LowerThirds; / Adobe Stock.
Keep these five design principles in mind to customize your own sleek, professional motion graphics.
5 MoGRT design principles
- Busiest first
- Choose the busiest frame of your MoGRT to start working from — when the most important text and elements are on screen.
- You’ll usually find this halfway through the duration of the MoGRT.
- Most to least important
- When modifying controls in the Essential Graphics panel, work from the most to least important elements.
- Modify your text first, and then fine-tune colors and sizing.
- Customize your text
- Use a single font family with varying weights/styles (light, regular, Italic, heavy) from Adobe Fonts or select complementary fonts with Font Packs.
- Resize text and graphic elements for visual hierarchy. The most important text should be the largest.
- Customize colors
- Select a color palette from Adobe Color.
- Use one small element for contrast. Subtitle text is often a good choice.
- Tweak colors to work with your video.
- Balance all elements
- Space text and graphic elements evenly apart.
- Ensure that the most important parts of your underlying video are visible.
Find the right template on Adobe Stock
To find Motion Graphics templates, select Templates on the Adobe Stock website. Current price tiers include standard (free) and premium (2 credits) content. Once you’ve selected a MoGRT you want to use, just choose License and follow the prompts to download it.
Find information about installing Motion Graphics templates on the HelpX page.
Using the Essential Graphics panel
To browse MoGRTS directly within Premiere Pro, open the Essential Graphics panel with the Graphics workspace or by selecting Window -> Essential Graphics. The My Templates view displays your Motion Graphics templates. You can store your templates locally or in your Creative Cloud Libraries.
To search through the entire Adobe Stock catalog, select the Adobe Stock view. Search by keywords in the search bar, and filter by free or premium to find the perfect assets for your project.
_Find more information about browsing Motion Graphics templates on the on the HelpX page,.___
Topics: Creativity, Video & Audio
Products: Premiere Pro, Creative Cloud