Adobe Target Announces Enhanced Analytics Measurement for AI-Powered Testing and Personalization
by Adobe Communications Team
posted on 07-29-2020
Digital traffic levels are approaching Cyber-Monday levels right now, bringing new customers to websites and apps with high demands. Companies need to adapt quickly to meet these new expectations, as well as optimize customer engagement methods for the future, and they are turning to their personalization and testing teams to launch these new customer journeys.
The ability to personalize and test new experiences with an optimization solution helps to avoid what can be months of development through normal processes with the creative and design teams. For example, one major media provider optimized a new self-service customer journey with Adobe Target in their mobile app for sports package deferment in a matter of hours that saved millions in call center costs.
Marketers need a way to optimize their campaigns, view comprehensive reporting and have a full view of performance impact. Adobe Target teams can now use Adobe Analytics-enhanced reporting with the AI-powered testing and personalization capabilities: Auto-Allocate, Auto-Target and Recommendations, all leveraging Adobe Sensei, our AI and machine learning technology.
In addition, a new dedicated Target dashboard in Analysis Workspace provides rich visualizations and deeper analysis. This means faster automation-driven testing and personalization activity execution, greater confidence in what the algorithms are driving, and a holistic view of performance impact.
Key benefits include:
- Confidence in AI reporting and impact with Analytics: Companies using a third-party tool can see a wide variance, sometimes up to 35-50%, between their testing and personalization reporting vs. an analytics tool, leading to lack of confidence in results. Adobe Target alongside Adobe Analytics, provides no-variance results, enabling deep drill-down and qualification of impact
- Easy integration development/maintenance: Adobe Target provides a pre-configured, server-to-server integration with Adobe Analytics, so there is no need for heavy implementation and support from IT or developers to use a testing or personalization tool
- Accelerated activity setup: Rather than manually configuring segments or success metrics for reporting, marketers can click “Analytics” and use all of their Analytics segments and success metrics in reports, saving hours in each activity setup and ultimately thousands of hours in analysis across activities
- Ad-hoc and post-hoc reporting: Marketers can be confident in the data from the rich reporting in Adobe Analytics. It’s even possible to answer ad-hoc questions on audience segments that they didn’t think of when initially setting up the activity
These improvements unlock a number of powerful AI-powered personalization use cases.
- Auto-Allocate is used for testing in low traffic areas, or to find a winner faster on time-sensitive campaigns. Marketers can test several options for a new customer self-service funnel on the site or app and use the algorithm to ensure that they quickly provide the best journey
- Auto-Target replaces the need for hundreds of static landing pages by dynamically ranking the right offers or creative to show at each visit, personalized to each individual. Marketers can use Analytics-enhanced reporting to show how each experience impacted performance of each key metric further down the customer journey. Analytics-enhanced reporting for Auto-Target is now in Beta, and will be generally available later this summer
- Recommendations provides a spectrum of customizable algorithms including “Recommended For You,” recommending personalized options based on a visitor’s browsing history with the brand to reduce clicks and increase conversions
Working with 68 of the top Fortune 100 companies, Adobe Target customers see $25 return on investment on average for every $1 spent on the application. HSBC is already seeing benefits from utilizing Adobe Target’s AI-powered capabilities with Adobe Sensei, which have enabled them to reduce development time for new optimized digital journeys from up to six months down to a matter of weeks. Learn more in a webinar on August 6: “How HSBC leverages Adobe Target and A.I.to rapidly optimize and deliver personalization at scale.”
For more information on these AI-driven activities and the benefits of Analytics-enhanced reporting with Adobe Target, check out these resources below:
SPARK PAGE: Analytics & Target: Best Practices on Analysis
VIDEO: Adobe Target Overview
INFOGRAPHIC: Adobe Target Personalization Infographic
WEBINAR RECORDING: “Compelling Experiences Require Personalization With Precision”
At Adobe, we believe that everyone deserves respect and equal treatment, and we also stand with the Black community against hate, intolerance and racism. We will continue to support, elevate, and amplify diverse voices through our community of employees, creatives, customers and partners. We believe Adobe has a responsibility to drive change and ensure that every individual feels a sense of belonging and inclusion. We must stand up and speak out against racial inequality and injustice. Read more about the actions we’re taking to make lasting change inside and outside of our company.
We also know many people are still impacted by the current COVID-19 crisis and our thoughts are with you. The entire Adobe team wants to thank you, our customers, and all creators around the world for the work you do to keep us inspired during this difficult time.
Topics: Personalization, Digital Transformation, Analytics
Products: Analytics, Target