Creativity meets collaboration: New features for Creative Cloud
Image source: Adobe Stock/Visual Generation.
By Madhuri Murlikrishnan
Posted on 10-20-2020
Creatives are constantly having to adapt, and that’s truer now than ever before – finding effective ways to improve collaboration across distances has become critical for the success of any project.
- According to a recent Forrester thought leadership report, creative and design professionals face greater time and energy demands now than ever before, Creative professionals face escalating customer content and brand expectations - in the study 79 percent said they find it challenging to meet the demands for content creation today.
- The study also found that one of the top pain points in the design process is keeping track of collaborative and administrative tasks — 64 percent of creative and design professionals agree that administrative/collaborative tasks take too much of their day.
- In fact, 86 percent find a cohesive platform of services that offers tools to help creative professionals do their jobs a high or critical priority.
You can read more this about study here: Forrester Thought Leadership Paper.
Adobe Creative Cloud has always been this very cohesive platform and we continue to make investments in collaboration capabilities to help mitigate these pain points. Today, we are thrilled to announce the following updates:
- Seamlessly work across devices via cloud documents – from free-form illustrations on iPad to design precision on desktop. Now available for Illustrator with the release of Illustrator on iPad.
- Easily share a public link to your Photoshop, Fresco, & Illustrator cloud documents to get quick feedback.
- Joining XD and Illustrator, version history is now accessible from within the Photoshop desktop app. Autosave makes past work ready at hand.
- Joining Fresco, Users now have more control with which assets they can work offline on by using the “make available offline” feature in Photoshop desktop, Illustrator desktop & iPad.
- Embed Photoshop cloud documents in other creations in Illustrator (desktop & iPad) & Photoshop.
- InDesign Share for Review, stakeholders will now be able to markup text on their reviews to provide more contextual feedback. Annotations include the ability to highlight text, strikethrough text, and suggest replacement text.
- Joining InDesign, comments you receive on the web come back into the application in Fresco, making it easier to act on real-time feedback.
- Finally, our latest update to Creative Cloud Libraries helps keep your designs and creative elements consistent.
By leveraging these features from Creative Cloud Services, your team can avoid re-creating assets, move designs forward efficiently, ensure brand consistency, and stay in sync.
More about what’s new in Creative Cloud
Easy access: Pick up right where you left off
Cloud documents are files that you can access from anywhere. You can see and interact with your files directly from the Home screen in any of your favorite Creative Cloud apps. Access your file on any device and platform (Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, and on the web), so you can always pick up right where you left off.
Now version history is natively accessible in XD, Illustrator & Photoshop so that you can always refer to previous versions of your documents.
New levels of engagement
Cloud Documents & Review capabilities take collaboration to the next level. You can easily invite contributors to your cloud documents and share previews of your work with stakeholders, team-members, clients or anyone else. Users can invite collaborators to edit a cloud document and tag-team on the same document soon.
A public link to your cloud document can be shared with the Reviewers - Photoshop, Illustrator and Fresco. They won’t need the app or a Creative Cloud subscription to comment on your designs. They can leave annotations, including the ability to highlight and strikethrough text and suggest new wording.
In XD, contributors will be able to access shared cloud documents from the ‘Shared with You’ tab on the Home screen. Reviewers can provide feedback directly on the document and in context, eliminating the hassle of multiple email threads and copied documents.
Notifications ensure that everyone is always working on the most up-to-date files. When you’re online, you will see if others are in the document and any edits will be visible to each contributor. If something does go wrong, version control enables you to roll back the changes.
In Fresco and InDesign, comments flow straight back into the app, so you can implement any necessary changes immediately.
While Cloud Documents are saved automatically in the cloud, you might occasionally be offline. Whether you’re travelling or end up somewhere with low bandwidth, Cloud Documents provide graceful online-to-offline transitions. This means you can use the version of the file in your cache and make updates when you are offline. Once you are online again, these can be synced back to the cloud. That way, you always remain in control. Joining Fresco, users can use the “make available offline” feature in Photoshop desktop, Illustrator desktop & iPad.
The foundation of a collaborative Creative Cloud
The world has changed rapidly over the past few months. The need to connect and collaborate with others is now stronger than ever, and this applies heavily to creative work – whether you’re working from home or in an office.
Cloud Documents enable you to work smarter and faster wherever you are, on whatever device and platform you prefer, and with whomever you want.
With Creative Cloud Libraries, you always have access to all of your team’s creative elements, wherever you need them. Anyone can now be engaged in the creative process for review much more easily and provide contextual feedback, which saves a lot of time and provides a major boost to productivity.
However your workflow is changing, these new features will empower you to collaborate and communicate more effortlessly, so you can focus more on what you do best: create incredible content.
To learn more about our collaboration capabilities and features, visit our brand-new website.
Topics: Adobe MAX, Events, Creativity, Insights & Inspiration, News, Creative Cloud,
Products: Creative Cloud, Fresco, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, XD,