New RoboHelp Update Available (7.0.2)
We just released another update for Adobe RoboHelp 7. This update addresses some of the important issues that were reported on the Adobe RoboHelp forums and a few cross browser support issues.
The update is being distributed using the Adobe Update Manager utility, which is shared by all Adobe products. So Adobe RoboHelp 7 users can utilize product’s automatic update facility by selecting Help > Updates (Please note – you need to have admin rights to use this automatic update service). Once you update your installation, the version number will bump up from Adobe RoboHelp 7 to Adobe RoboHelp 7.0.2. However if you experience problems updating the Adobe RoboHelp installation from with in the application, you may choose to download the update from Adobe.COM (http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html) and then apply the same.
Please refer to the Adobe RoboHelp 7.0.2 ReadMe for the list of issues that have been addressed in this update. I am including the same in my post for your reference.
Adobe ® RoboHelp® 7.0.2 ReadMe
Welcome to Adobe RoboHelp 7.0.2 readme. This document contains information about major changes which are included in this update.
List of major issues resolved in this update.
- Switching between Topics in Doc pad takes a lot of time.
- Encoding issues If a CHM file with a name different than the Project name.
- Structured cross-references and structured index markers losses their links in the generated output.
- Auto-size pop-up links in WebHelp/Pro SSL do not auto-size when viewed in Firefox.
- Special character such as apostrophe doesn’t get rendered properly in output generated by RHW.
- First topic map Ids in a RHW project does not work while testing it using CSH test tool.
- Map ID’s do not work when generating WinHelp 4 in RoboHelp 7 for Word.
- Navigation and Top pane are absent in WebHelp Output if Add Mark of the Web is checked for Chinese and Korean language Code Pages
- Content pane disappears from the view in WebHelp output when a page is refreshed in Firefox 2.0.13.
- Topics in Flash Help output don’t get displayed properly in the correct frame when linked from the Table of Contents in Flash Help output.
- TOC/Glossary/Index fields are shown empty in the FlashHelpPro Layout published to RH Server 7if the project name contains German or French characters.
- Error Wizard doesn’t display any errors even when there are errors and warnings while generating WinHelp 2000 in RoboHelp for word.
- If number of Conditional Build Tags (CBT) is high, some of the CBT may not work to exclude certain topics.
- Hyperlink for FrameMaker File (.book) containing external cross references does not work.
- Any update done on a topic while working in HTML view of the topic doesn’t get reflected in topic.
- Indexes don’t get generated in XML output.
- Non Scrolling regions are not reflected in the WinHelp output for RHW project.
- Robo Screen Capture loses the editions made after pressing cancel in “Save As” dialogue.
- Resizing the TOC causes the contents of the toolbar to also appear in the minibar when viewing the output help in Firefox 2.0.13
- TOC items font size increases when WebHelp is viewed in Safari browser on Mac OS.
- Entire frame height is not used by TOC, index and other left panes when WebHelp is opened on UNIX.
- Style mapping is not exported if a cross-ref is mapped
- The Style applied on the Variable does not appear in the HTML generated through FM add/import.
- Two level indices are not shown properly in output.
- Import Word doesn’t work in RH6 if RH6 and RH7 are installed simultaneously.
- On opening a word document from internet explorer the word addin association is lost with msword for RHW.
- TOC links for some topics in a WinHelp project may not work.
- Character style changes are applied to Para style if the Para and Char styles have same name.
- Custom format Cross reference may not work for some specific formats.
- Error is generated while linking TFS as source control provider with RoboHelp.
- Auto sync with the TOC is broken when WebHelp is viewed via Firefox.
- The Image generated for equations in FM files are lossy and distorted.
- Variables get lost in cross references if they are mapped to any RH cross ref blocks
- If RoboHelp project configuration files contain Japanese characters, error occurs on compiling and the context-sensitive help does not work.
- Invalid link is observed for index keyword to custom windows in Microsoft HTML Help project.
- Variables in FrameMaker file may get lost in cross references if they are mapped to any RoboHelp cross ref. blocks.
- Cross references may lose their links while importing a FrameMaker file in RoboHelp.
Copyright 2008 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.