FrameMaker 9.0.3 available now!
I would like to thank you for the great feedback you have shared with me on FrameMaker 9. Naturally, when there is so much in one release itself, there will be some issues as well. Thanks again for sharing your valuable feedback. We have tried addressing almost all the pressing issues through 9.0.3
FrameMaker 9.0.3 patch is live now and it is available through Adobe Update Manager (AUM). This patch (9.0p250) must be applied on top of 9.0.2 (9.0p237) only. You can check for updates through
Help -> Updates menu in FrameMaker.
List of changes & bugs fixed in FrameMaker 9.0.2
- Opening/importing a file created in FrameMaker 7.2 and earlier with virtual fonts applied to the text now correctly shows the text in FrameMaker 9.
- The dimensions and default dpi resolution for PNG, JPG and GIF files should not get corrupted when imported in FrameMaker.
- Deletion of multiple user-variables from Variable Pod should not crash FrameMaker now.
- Memory leak shouldn’t happen while creating a book with FrameMaker components from DITA map.
- FrameMaker doesn’t crash while displaying a message box during
FA_Note_PreQuitBooknotification, on the second call of
F_ApiAlert()is called from within a
- The “New document command” in the quick access bar doesn’t get disconnected from the API command
- FrameMaker doesn’t crash on switching on different tabs of table designer when context is set for book and panels are iconized.
- Now correct Index of Marker(IOM) is generated for a file containing Markers that use structured building blocks.
- On converting DITA map, which contains nested topicrefs, to a book the content of the topic files was hidden in folder templates. In 9.0.3, the folder containing template will be labeled as:
- The table row element now hides while using DITAVAL filter.
- Spelling Checker now allows words with special characters to be added to dictionary. It also shows the words with suffix “(s)” as correctly spelled now.
- DocBook starter kit now unifies the XML and SGML applications and fixes various formatting inconsistencies in the XML application. The XML application uses XSLT instead of an FDK client and supports indexterm.
- PreserveEntity FDK client can be combined with XSLT in XML applications to preserve variables and special character handling when documents are round-tripped between FrameMaker and XML.
- In structured document, now you can hide child elements even when in Show state if the parent element is hidden using conditional text. This is an additional option.
This patch has fixes for some more issues not listed above.
Offical Patch Download
FrameMaker 9.0.3 update is now available through Adobe Update Manager (AUM). You can check for updates through
Help & Update menu in FrameMaker 9.
It is also available for download from FrameMaker Support Center. I encourage all the FrameMaker 9 users to install this update.
Please install this patch on top of 9.0.2, retest your workflows and share your feedback with me.