FrameMaker, RoboHelp, and TCS documentation
In this blog post we would like to give a couple of useful ressources around our products and topics.
What are some of the available help and support pages?
The Help and Support pages are one-stop shop for hand-picked resources on Adobe products. Bookmark them for easy access.
How do I access the latest Help?
Is there a way to save a PDF of any product Help?
From any of the pages of online Help, you can click the View Help PDF link in the top-right corner to download the PDF version of the entire product help (You cannot download just one topic in the help).
Are there any video resources available?
Plenty of video resources are available on Adobe TV and other sites, such as YouTube. You can search for specific topics on Adobe TV and bookmark videos for quick access. Following are direct links to Technical Communication Suite, FrameMaker, and RoboHelp videos:
What are some popular resources?
FrameMaker Adobe Resources
- DITA Specialization
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- FrameMaker Server
- Adobe FrameMaker Discussion Forum
- FrameMaker 10 Reviewer’s Guide
FrameMaker non-Adobe, user resources
- Framers – An email list for FrameMaker discussions
- FrameMaker 9 Tutorials
- FrameMaker 10 Training on Lynda.com
- Technical Communication Suite 3 Reviewer’s Guide
- TCS User Roles
- Enterprise User case scenarios: Scenario 1, Scenario 2, Scenario 3
- Adobe Technical Communication Suite 3.5 Datasheet
RoboHelp non-Adobe, user resources
- Peter Grainge’s Site
- Show Me the Demo
- The RoboColum(n)
- I Came, I Saw, I Learned…
- RoboHelp training on Lynda.com
FrameMaker Developer resources
- FrameMaker Developer Center
- DITA Specialization
- Adobe FrameMaker Developer Kit Overview
- FDK documentation
- ExtendScript OMV documentation
- RoboHelp 9 Reviewer’s Guide
- RoboHelp Server 9 Reviewer’s Guide
- RoboHelp Developer Center
- Adobe RoboHelp Forum
- RoboHelp Developer Center archive
- Getting started with ExtendScript in RoboHelp
- RoboHelp Scripting Guide
- Under the hood of RoboHelp and more
Can I contribute to the help content?
Sure! Your contributions are welcome. All you need is an Adobe ID and the Community Publishing System app. See the link for more information: