Installing, configuring, and using RoboSource Control in a multiuser environment
Can multiple users work on a help project simultaneously? There is no easy answer unless you have the right tool.
What is Adobe RoboSource Control?
Adobe RoboSource Control is a Software Version Control (SVC) application. SVC applications allow multiple users to work on a project simultaneously.
Why should I use Adobe RoboSource Control?
If you have more than one user working on RoboHelp HTML projects, you should be using RoboSource Control.
Key Benefits of Adobe RoboSource Control
- RoboSource Control 3.1 uses the SQL Server™ / MSDE database architecture. This enhances RoboSource Control’s performance, scalability, and ease of backup.
- RoboSource Control’s sophisticated view model is a feature normally found only in solutions priced well in excess of RoboSource Control. Combined with RoboSource Control’s filtering systems, RoboSource Control views are a valuable aid to workflow management.
- RoboSource Control’s communications and extensibility options make it simple to integrate RoboSource Control with your current working practices.
- RoboSource Control’s integration with Windows® Explorer removes the need to use the RoboSource Control Explorer interface for basic tasks (such as checking in and out) significantly reducing the extra workload and trouble associated with any form of SVC management. This has resulted in notably increased acceptance and uptake rates from developers resistant to the implementation of SVC.
- Live view updates ensure that the version of the project you see in the RoboSource Control Explorer is always the most current.
- Intelligent code parsers understand many languages, enabling automatic documentation, and more sophisticated merging of files containing differences.
- Multi-file History Explorer provides great flexibility when attempting to view or recover historical versions of files, folders, or even entire projects.
- A sophisticated graphical user interface simplifies the reconciling of file version differences across complex, branched projects.
- RoboSource Control’s Undo features are unique in this field, and with Version 3.1, this feature has been extended to RoboSource Control integration with development environments allowing, for example, a file replacement in Visual Studio® .Net™ to be ‘undone’ in RoboSource Control Explorer.
System Requirements for Adobe RoboSource Control
- Intel Pentium 4 processor (or equivalent)
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, or Windows 7
- 256 MB of RAM
- 800 MB of hard-disk space
- Microsoft SQL Server/MSDE 2005
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
- MSXML 6.0
How to install, configure, and use Adobe RoboSource Control?
See the video tutorial: https://blog.adobe.com/media_4a85906d009d8ce7462c3f98f73dc95e787c78cf.mp4
- Using RoboSource Client on 64-bit machines:
- SQL Express 2008:
- SQL Express 2012
- RoboSource Control 3.1
Note: If any of the above links does not work, copy and paste it in the Windows Explorer’s address bar (Start -> Documents).
Submitted by: Vikram Gaur, Tech Support Engineer