Tagging Made Easy with Adobe Dynamic Tag Management
With so many different domains, microsites, and types of technology, how do marketers ensure that they’re identifying customers and prospects, keeping them engaged, and then delivering the right message? The key is delivering personalized experiences, at scale and in real time. Tag management systems enable marketers to gather the information they need to deliver these effective personalized experiences.
Tagging for Powerful Personalization
When a user visits a website, tags can capture and deliver a treasure trove of contextual data points, such as how the visitor got to the site (IP address, Web browser, referral data), where he or she navigated on the site (page views, searches, purchases), and customer profile data (demographics and psychographics).
Tag management combines, analyzes, and uses all of this contextual information to customize the visitor’s online experience. Marketers can use tags to trigger virtually any type of action—for example, to open a chat window, display specific content, and feed data to Adobe Analytics.
As powerful as it is, tagging comes with some challenges. It can be a daunting task to manage thousands of different tags, build rules, and deploy the most up-to-date code on all webpages—especially during busy cycles with constantly changing environments. Historically, marketers have been at the mercy of IT resources and schedules, relying on technical support teams to implement tags. As the digital marketplace gets faster and more sophisticated, it’s becoming more difficult to deploy, manage, and deliver the technology required for tagging.
Overcoming Tagging Challenges with Adobe
Adobe Dynamic Tag Management (DTM) overcomes these tagging challenges and streamlines the technology required to drive personalization throughout the customer lifecycle.
Offered as a free core service of the Adobe Marketing Cloud, Adobe DTM gives marketers an intuitive and powerful tool for centrally managing unlimited tags—from within Adobe Marketing Cloud as well as third-party platforms. The fully integrated tool also enables marketers to use tags to collect and distribute real-time data across digital marketing systems, creating the foundation for delivering highly targeted and personalized content.
As a result, marketers can implement the right marketing strategies to reach users in specific scenarios, without having to burden IT for every change.
Benefits of Adobe DTM
- Quicker tag implementation: Adding and updating tags is faster and more efficient with Adobe DTM. Marketers can quickly deploy and optimize tags without being bound by release cycles.
- Greater overall efficiency: DTM saves marketers substantial amounts of time previously spent managing analytics and media tags.
- Centralized tool management: With traditional tagging, marketers have to create separate rules for each tag. In the DTM tool, marketers can trigger many tags and technologies simultaneously.
- Improved control and security: Marketers retain control of developing and deploying tag strategies. As data is collected, it is available across all digital marketing services. Meanwhile, the permission-based workflow gives IT teams peace of mind knowing that the site won’t be compromised.
- Reduced costs: Adobe DTM does all the work, which means less reliance on expensive IT resources for tag management.
Why Adobe Target Customers Are Excited about Adobe DTM
The latest release of Adobe DTM offers some exciting new features:
- Setup is a breeze! Now you can manage your single-line-of-code deployment of Adobe Target through Adobe DTM to get up and running even more quickly. It’s also easier for customers who use a regional mbox deployment. For those who prefer to have Adobe automatically load the latest mbox.js code, there’s a new “Managed by Adobe” option. Updates are simple and seamless—no more waiting for release cycles or copying and pasting code from Adobe Target into Adobe DTM. Users will still have the ability to go in and manually manage code as needed.
- One-click code updates. No more manually adding and updating code. Once Adobe DTM is connected to your Adobe Target account, the latest code is automatically pulled in at the click of a button. As a result, the two solutions stay fully optimized and consistent.
- Flexible customization. Within the Adobe DTM tool, users can easily set the parameters of data to capture—both globally and on a page-by-page basis. Now marketers and IT resources don’t have to go in and modify page code every time they want to make a change, which is a huge time saver.
Effective personalization is all about collecting the right data in the right context, and then acting in real time. With Adobe DTM, marketers can ensure that every visitor receives a truly customized, dynamic experience. And with the tool’s efficiency and automation, marketers can focus on creating strategies instead of managing tags.