RoboHelp 11 update released (RH 11.0.4)
Hope all of you are doing well. I am happy to let you know that we have released an important update to the Technical Communication line of products which includes FrameMaker 12, FrameMaker XML Author 12 and RoboHelp 11. In this blog post, I will be talking about the RoboHelp 11 update. For FrameMaker 12 and FrameMaker XML Author 12 update, please read the other post here.
Overall, we have fixed 14 bugs and released 1 enhancement. Most of the fixed bugs belonged to either mobile publishing, FrameMaker / Word import and WebHelp publishing workflows. Here are some of the important bugs that we have fixed.
- RoboHelp crashes if a user attempts to edit an existing Screen Layout page (Responsive HTML5 or Multiscreen HTML5) either by double-clicking or by right-clicking on the screen layout and choosing Edit in the Project Setup pod.
- For the Standard and Black Theme layouts, clicking the print button on the search results page, prints the previously opened topic instead of the search results page.
- The print output in Internet Explorer using the Responsive HTML5 print button does not print the entire contents of the output. Only a small section of the top of the output is printed.
- If a Responsive HTML5 output displays a large TOC, clicking a topic in the lower portion of the TOC causes the TOC to scroll up. This issue can be confusing to the end-user since the selected topic in the TOC moves down.
- In the TOC of the Responsive HTML5 output, a user is unable to collapse a topic hierarchy by clicking the expand / collapse icon. Clicking on the link or the expand / collapse icon causes the topic to remain expanded.
- If the text contents of a page in the Response HTML5 output exceeds the screen view, you cannot scroll the page on an Apple iOS8.1 device.
- In the Help viewer, context-sensitive URLs of Responsive HTML 5 output do not open further links.
Adobe FrameMaker / Microsoft Word Import
- Enhancement: The user now has the option to choose whether or not to import images from reference pages in a FrameMaker document.
- If a user imports a DITA map through the DITA Open Toolkit option (not the
FrameMaker DITA map option), the document is not imported.
- While importing MS Word documents, if any images have been resized in the Word document, RoboHelp imports the resized images and not the original images.
- WebHelp published output does not display the TOC, Index, Glossary or Search on Mozilla Firefox version 35.
- Webhelp projects viewed on a Mac machine become unresponsive if the user reaches the end of the Index. Also, the browser displays an unresponsive script warning.
- If topic name is defined in the Topic Pattern Name field of the Other Settings tab of the Publish Settings dialog, the topic title appears in the search results instead of the topic name.
- If a user rotates an image by 360 degrees, the image is re-saved and there is a loss in quality of the image in the published output.
- If a user defines bottom and right margins on an image in a document, the margins display incorrectly in the published output.
A consolidated list of the bug fixes and enhancements is also available here.
RoboHelp 11.0.4 update is now available through Adobe Update Manager (AUM). You can check for updates through
Help > Update menu in RoboHelp 11. It will be available for download from RoboHelp Support Center as well by next week. I encourage all the RoboHelp 11 users to install this update.
The offical update page is available here.
I hope that you will find many of these enhancements useful to your specific workflows. It will be our endeavor to release these updates on a continuous basis to meet the needs of our customers. I do want to say “Thank You!” to all of those who submitted these ideas and bug reports. Keep your feedback coming!
Product Manager – Adobe Technical Communication Products