FrameMaker (2015 release) – Update 2 released
Hello FrameMaker users,
I am pleased to announce that we have released the second update to FrameMaker (2015 release) and FrameMaker XML Author (2015 release) products, along with the update to RoboHelp (2015 release). In this update, we have implemented feature requests and addressed many issues. I would like to thank all those who have contributed in reporting issues and helping us improve the product.
Here is the list of enhancements we have made to FrameMaker (2015 release) and FrameMaker XML Author (2015 release) as a part of this update:
Seamlessly upload articles to Adobe DPS
With this update, you can upload the generated articles to Adobe DPS (Digital Publishing Solution). In the Publish Settings dialog, select your Adobe account and the DPS project. Ensure that you are using FrameMaker on the same Adobe account that is used to create DPS projects. When you run the publish procedure, the articles are generated in your output folder and uploaded to the selected project in your DPS account.
Support for XML sitemap in the Responsive HTML5 output
FrameMaker now gives you an option to create the XML sitemap file for your Responsive HTML5 outputs making your website more SEO-friendly. The sitemap generation process is seamless as you simple need to select an option in the Responsive HTML5 output settings. As the sitemap file is based on the standardized XML sitemap protocol, you can easily change the sitemap file as and when needed.
We have fixed 20 bugs as well
In addition to these enhancements, we have fixed many bugs and crashers. A few major ones are:
- Markers pod will now be available in the Review workspace as well so that users can easily view them without shifting other workspaces.
- Search functionality is improved to work as expected with conditionalized tables.
- Transformation messages will not be displayed in the console window for successful XSLT transformations.
- In a Responsive HTML5 output, if the metadata contains special characters, the special characters are retained in the final output (applicable only to FrameMaker).
- XSS (Cross-site scripting vulnerabilities) in Responsive HTML5 output is now resolved. Please follow these steps to avoid XSS vulnerabilities (applicable only to FrameMaker).
- WebHelp output now renders correctly on MS Edge browser. The issue related to TOC getting disappeared after search is now resolved (applicable only to FrameMaker).
- WebHelp/Responsive output will show title, created using macros, in browser window (applicable only to FrameMaker).
- Alignment issues with Arabic text with pronunciation or phonetic symbols in PDF output are now fixed.
For a complete list of enhancements and issues fixed, please refer to the release notes. The update is available through Adobe Update Manager (AUM). Please check for the updates through Help -> Updates menu item on FrameMaker. It is also available for download from FrameMaker Support Center.
I sincerely thank all of those who submitted feature enhancements and bug reports. It will be our endeavor to release these updates on a continuous basis to meet the needs of our customers. Please do keep your feedback coming.
Praveen Kumar Burri
Adobe Technical Communications