RoboHelp (2015 release) – Update 2 released
I am pleased to announce the availability of second update to the RoboHelp (2015 release) along with updates to FrameMaker (2015 release). In this update, we have made some enhancements as well as addressed many issues, reported by our customers and partners. I would like to thank all those who have contributed in reporting these issues and helping us improve the product.
Here is the list of enhancements that we have made to RoboHelp (2015 release) as a part of this update.
Support for Office 2016
With this update RoboHelp now supports Microsoft Office 2016.
Sitemap generation in the Responsive HTML5 output
This feature enables you to create the Sitemap for your responsive HTML5 outputs by simply selecting an option in output settings. The generated sitemap will make your content more searchable on the web as it helps search engines to index your web pages and make your site SEO friendly.
We have fixed 15 bugs as well
In addition to these enhancements that I mentioned above, we have fixed 15 bugs. Major ones are:
- WebHelp output now renders correctly on MS Edge browser. The issue related to TOC getting disappeared after search is now resolved
- On iOS and Android devices, operations like page navigation and page refresh are now faster even if the Index and Glossary files are large.
- In a Responsive HTML5 output, if the metadata contains special characters, the special characters are now retained in the final output.
- RoboHelp is now MSXML version agnostic.
- When using a batch generate to create a WebHelp output and using conditional build tags, the tagged content is now in accordance with the build tags in the build expression.
- Find and Replace now works seamlessly without the need of doing a Replace All first.
For a complete list of issues fixed, please refer to the link.
RoboHelp 2015.0.2 update is now available through Adobe Update Manager (AUM). You can check for updates through Help > Update menu in RoboHelp. It is also available for download from RoboHelp Support Center. I encourage all the RoboHelp (2015 release) users to install this update.
I hope that you will find many of these enhancements useful. It will be our endeavor to release these updates on a continuous basis to meet the needs of our customers. I do want to say thank you to all of those who submitted these ideas and bug reports. Keep your feedback coming!
Adobe Technical Communications