Get creative using Adobe Photoshop and win big in our #MakeItLayered competition!
Calling all digital artists! We have an interesting proposition for you…
Whether you’re new to the fascinating world of compositing, or have been experimenting for some time – we’d love you to show us what you can do in our #MakeItLayered competition.
For the chance to win a year’s Adobe Creative Cloud subscription, just use Adobe Photoshop and our CC library to create an original piece of artwork under the theme ‘new beginnings’.
This exciting competition is a fantastic opportunity to find and share outstanding compositing creativity across Europe. We’ve also put together an exciting panel filled with incredibly talented artists, digital designers, Adobe experts and compositing masters, so your work will be seen by experts at the top of their field.
- Adobe Experts
Sven Doelle: Photographer & Principal Business Development Manager for Photoshop and Creative Cloud at Adobe Germany
Richard Curtis: Travel photographer, digital imaging enthusiast & Principal Solutions Consultant with a focus on Digital Imaging at Adobe UK
Michael Chaize: Photographer & Community Engagement Strategist in the Adobe Creative Cloud team
- Professional Designers and Artists
We and our expert jury can’t wait to see what you can do! Just pick three or more assets from our CC library – whether that’s brushes, images, shapes or colour palettes, and create something new and exciting.
We also want to hear more about the inspiration behind your compositing work and the processes behind it, so when you submit your artwork, please also provide a sentence explaining the piece, and the assets you used.
Blue Visions by Lewis Moorhead
How to enter: (This competition is now closed)
- Select at least three assets from our CC library to use in your artwork. These three assets must be listed alongside your final work
- Use Photoshop to create your piece of artwork under the theme ‘new beginnings’
- Submit your work directly to us via Twitter using the hashtag #MakeItLayered, or upload directly into the comments of the competition post on our Facebook channel
- You can submit your entry from now until the** 7th February 2016 (This competition is now closed)**
- Six winners from UK, France, Germany, Nordics, Benelux and Spain will be selected by the jury based on technical skill with CC displayed in the artwork, understanding and interpretation of the brief and the overall aesthetic and creativity. They will be announced on the 19th February 2016. Each winner will receive a free one-year CC subscription.
- For all other questions about the competition, please see the T&Cs here: http://adobe.ly/1RDE6Qc
Sculptural alphabet by Alexis Persani
If you feel like you need inspiration, keep an eye on the Creative Connection blog, where we will hear from the two incredible digital designers who make up half our judging panel and have their own unique compositing style – Lewis Moorhead and Alexis Persani
You can also take a look at Mario Sanchez Nevado. He recently used Adobe Capture CC to create a breathtaking piece of art from karate kicks and exploding vases. He used the unique assets created from our CC Asset Lab stunt session to form something new – but look out for the similarities from the lab too, including colours and brush strokes!
Adobe Capture CC App (AppStore): http://adobe.ly/1Nswb4M
Adobe Capture CC App (Google Play): http://adobe.ly/1N5MgKb
Don’t have Adobe Creative Cloud yet? Try Creative Cloud for free: http://adobe.ly/1jD0VDZ