Five Ways Enterprises Benefit from Box and Adobe Working Together
Today, we introduced three powerful new integrations between Box and Adobe Acrobat DC on the desktop, in the browser and on iOS devices that will become available later this year. At Box, this is incredibly exciting for us as many of our customers already use Adobe Document Cloud everyday to work with their digital documents – in fact,there are over two billion PDFs in Box today. These new, seamless integrations are going to make it even easier to reap the benefits of working fully in the cloud. Here are five of the biggest benefits that people and organizations will realize with our new, seamless integrations right off the bat:
- Eliminate Version Control Issues: When working with PDFs you can ensure all changes are automatically saved back to Box in real-time, whether you’re working in Box or Acrobat DC. This ensures that there’s always a single version of any project that reflects all of the most recent edits or changes. Users can also view access stats, giving them insight into where the latest edits came from and who has viewed the project.
- Never Download a File to your Computer: Use the powerful productivity capabilities of Acrobat DC to edit text, crop photos and re-arrange pages without leaving the browser. No longer worry about excess software downloads or the cumbersome process of downloading,editing and saving documents to the desktop. Instead of switching back and forth between apps to get work done, you can just focus on what’s happening in the browser.
- Streamline Workflows with PDFs: Acrobat DC will benefit from Box’s robust collaboration features like commenting, task-management, workflow automation and real-time alerts to make working with PDFs an effortless experience. For instance, when a marketing PDF is updated with new logos, the brand team can assign a task asking for the CMO to approve, and the CMO can comment with feedback, make edits in Acrobat DC, or provide approval.
- Keep Content Secure: All of today’s new integrations benefit from security and control capabilities from Box, in an effort to keep confidential or sensitive business documents fully protected. All content in Box benefits from features like granular permissions that allow people to choose exactly who has access to view or edit content. You can even apply watermarks and passwords to content and see stats that give insight into who has viewed a file. Also, never having to download files onto your desktop means these security measures persist throughout the entire content lifecycle.
- Work on the Go, From Any Device: Using Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile on your iPad or iPhone, you will be able to quickly create a PDF, edit text, make annotations and automatically save the document to Box simply by selecting Box as the preferred cloud provider from the iOS document picker. Then, you can use the Box for iPhone and iPad app to leave comments, send the file via a shared link and save the file for offline access to review it later.
Customers who use Box and Adobe Document Cloud together can be more productive, collaborative and secure. We are excited to continue working with Adobe to deliver more innovative solutions to customers – stay tuned!