What’s New in Acrobat DC: May 2016 Release
by Rebecca Staley
posted on 05-10-2016
The Acrobat DC May 2016 release is here, and we could not be more excited to share it with you. Sure, we could have just done the standard ol’ bug fix and security patch routine—but where’s the fun in that? The Acrobat DC team has included many new features in this release to help your workday go a little more smoothly.
Here’s what you can expect when Acrobat DC updates your subscription software with the latest release:
- New & improved commenting tools. Give and get fast, clear feedback – and do it with the redesigned, touch-friendly interface. It’s easy to view and navigate through comments or change the comment’s formatting, and you can now simply tap on fillable text fields to activate your mobile device’s keyboard. We’ve also streamlined the sticky note experience to bring all replies into a single thread: no more wading through stacked stickies to figure out who’s saying what to whom. And if that still isn’t enough for you, how about this: you can customize your comments toolbar to show you only the tools you use most when leaving comments on a document.
- Access to your Box and OneDrive accounts. Easily access and store files from Box or Microsoft OneDrive, without leaving Acrobat That means you can grab a PDF from one of your connected accounts, work with it in Acrobat, then save it back to that account when you’re done.
- Enhanced scan to PDF experience. If you scan a lot of paper documents to PDF, this redesigned workflow is for you. Now, on a single screen, you’ll see all the options you need to get a perfect scan every time: a slider bar to optimize for size or quality, simple dropdown menus and checkboxes to define your options, and easy access to more granular settings.
- A new dark theme. You now have two options when it comes to Acrobat’s interface: light gray or dark You can select your preferred theme in the View menu under “Display theme”. Please note: when you change the theme, you’ll have to restart Acrobat to see the new theme take effect.
- Improved accessibility. Screen readers can now read about the Home view and Save As dialog box options, improving access for all users.
There are more updates in this release, including Dropbox access on Android devices, 64-bit thumbnail previews for Windows Explorer, enhanced Section 508 compliance, and more. For all the details, check out the What’s New document, or just open up Acrobat DC and explore on your own! As always, we welcome your feedback; leave us a comment to tell us what you think of the latest release of Acrobat DC.
Not yet an Acrobat DC user? Sign up for our free trial.
Subscribe to keep up with all things Document Cloud.
Products: Acrobat, Document Cloud