Why Your Content Is Missing The Mark
Marketers are dealing new challenges around measuring “connected content,” yet their confidence has increased around how to engage with their audiences, according to the newly released “Content Fitness Report.”
Marketers are dealing new challenges around measuring “connected content,” yet their confidence has increased around how to engage with their audiences. Those are just a few of the findings from the newly released “Content Fitness Report,” from PAN Communications.
Our annual report digs into the trends, pain points, and priorities for the modern marketer. We saw new challenges surfacing in this year’s report. Below is an overview of the five key takeaways from this year’s Content Fitness Report, which offers insight into how content marketing strategies, trends, and practices are shifting gears.
- In their shift toward personalizing content, modern marketers are significantly realizing the value of customer advocacy and word-of-mouth strategies on brand awareness and ROI.
- A strong focus on increasing content creation is causing marketers to lose confidence in their abilities to connect and personalize their programs to meet the needs of their customers.
- Measuring the effectiveness of content and aligning metrics to brand goals continues to be a huge struggle for today’s marketers, despite the advancements being made in marketing technology.
- While marketers are growing more confident that they can handle marketing in a digitally disrupted world, keeping up with the pace of content and multidevice, mobile challenges are still points of concern.
- Transformational marketers are interested in adapting more interactive approaches to targeting their audience (artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, virtual reality, etc.). As a result, we can expect to see increased investment in technology influencing new marketing techniques and strategies to engage in an always-on world.
It’s important to dig into your own content strategy regularly to stay aligned with your customers’ behaviors. Keeping up with consumer demands and building loyalty and advocacy with your customers may seem like an endless journey, but we hope that leveraging some of the tips and trends compiled from fellow modern marketers will help you to connect in this digital world.
Click here to download a free copy of the “Content Fitness Report” (short registration required).