Creative Cloud Gets Even Better: Adobe Stock, Adobe XD and Dreamweaver Updates
by Adobe Communications Team
posted on 06-13-2017
This month, we’re releasing new features across Adobe Creative Cloud that will give designers access to headline-worthy editorial stock photos and video; artificial intelligence to fine-tune the aesthetics of stock searches; quicker design workflows in Adobe XD, and easier collaboration in Dreamweaver. Here’s a look at what’s new:
- Search Adobe Stock for Just the Right Aesthetic: In 2016 we introduced Visual Search, which allows people to use any image to search for something similar in our stock collection. The tool saves designers the time and stress of translating visual concepts into search terms. Now we’ve added to the technology with Aesthetic Filters. The tool is powered by Adobe Sensei and allows users to fine-tune their searches by aesthetic preferences. The first two filters are Depth-of-Field and Vivid Color, with more coming in the near future.
- Find Up-to-the-minute Editorial Stock: Adobe Stock is amping up its editorial collection through new partnerships with Reuters, USA Today Sports and Stocksy. With Reuters, we’ll offer 12 million editorial images and 1 million video clips covering the latest global news, sports and entertainment. Through USA Today Sports, our collection will cover more than 10,000 sporting events annually, including major league games from the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL. And with Stocksy, we’ll provide distinctive, royalty-free images for authentic visual storytelling.
- Use Adobe Stock Right Inside PowerPoint: Adobe Stock is already integrated directly into Creative Cloud apps. Now we’ve extended this integration into Microsoft Office PowerPoint with a new, free add-in. Users can search and select from millions of assets without ever leaving their PowerPoint projects.
- Speed Up Your UX Design Workflow on macOS and Windows 10: Adobe XD users on Mac and Windows can now customize individual symbols, like buttons, nav bars and sliders, or generalize their changes to all symbols. For Windows users, we’re introducing Symbols on Windows 10; tools to create and edit linear gradients within vector objects and bring in gradients from Illustrator; and the ability to drag and drop layers. Windows users can also now create different text styles within area and point text and copy and paste from Adobe XD into other applications.
- Collaborate Better with Dreamweaver: The new release of Dreamweaver offers support for Git, so web designers can easily maintain versions, manage source code in a secure repository and collaborate in real-time. Dreamweaver updates also include two new code themes for more visual appeal in code view.
Products: Stock, Creative Cloud