Redefining Modern Creativity with the Next Generation of Creative Cloud
by Bryan Lamkin
posted on 10-18-2017
More people are telling stories than ever before. And at Adobe, we strive to enable that expression by making our creative tools accessible to all at any time, in any place. That’s why today at Adobe MAX we announced the next generation of Creative Cloud.
By introducing a range of new applications in Creative Cloud, along with significant innovations across our flagship tools, we’re enabling creative professionals and enthusiasts alike to express themselves with apps and services that connect across devices, platforms and geographies.
We built the next generation of Creative Cloud in collaboration with you – the creative community – collecting your feedback every step of the way. Three themes guided us throughout our journey to redefine modern creativity:
First, bringing about next-generation experiences that embrace a truly modern approach, so you can work anywhere and any way you want.
Second, increasing accessibility to creativity by investing in assets, education and support to make it easier for you to be successful using any platform.
Lastly, accelerating creativity with Adobe Sensei by embedding artificial intelligence capabilities into our products, which make great design more accessible for everyone.
Next Generation Experiences in Creative CloudThe extensive advancements unveiled today help accelerate the creative process for both creative professionals and enthusiasts.
- To empower photographers of all levels, we have built the all new Lightroom CC, a cloud-centric photo service for editing, organizing, storing, and sharing photos – from anywhere. For photographers who prefer a more traditional desktop-first workflow, we have also brought performance and editing improvements to Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC, previously known as Photoshop Lightroom CC.
- For designers, we’re introducing two new applications that help you expand your skillsets. Previously in beta, Adobe XD CC is the all-in-one cross-platform solution for designing and prototyping mobile apps and websites. Additionally, Dimension CC, previously called Project Felix, enables graphic designers with no 3D experience to quickly create and iterate on photorealistic 3D images.
- We also launched Character Animator CC, a 2D animation tool previously in beta, that helps bring still image artwork from Photoshop CC or Illustrator CC to life.
- Last but not least, we introduced performance enhancements and new features to Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe InDesign CC, Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Adobe After Effects CC.
Download or update the latest from Creative Cloud.
Accessibility to Creativity
We hear you when you say you want to learn, share and be inspired as part of a broader creative community. We see this manifest on Behance, here nearly 10 million people showcase their creative work. Today, we are excited to launch AdobeLIVE on Behance, a live streaming channel for learning and inspiration for the community _from _the community.
As part of this announcement, we’re also empowering the creative community with new integrated assets, expanded services and educational resources that enable Creative Cloud users of all levels realize their creative potential.
For example, Adobe Stock has expanded its asset collection with the introduction of hundreds of professionally-created motion graphics templates for video users in Premiere CC and After Effects CC. And Adobe Typekit now leverages Adobe Sensei to provide a whole new way to visually and easily search for fonts.
Accelerating Creativity with Adobe Sensei
We understand the pace at which you create is constantly speeding up, and with Creative Cloud we’re helping you go from concept to completion much faster. That’s why we’re combining the power of our creative community and Creative Cloud tools with creative intelligence in Adobe Sensei, our AI and machine learning framework. As part of this Creative Cloud release, we continue to embed capabilities powered by Adobe Sensei across our solutions to give you more time to focus on what you do best – create and innovate. From the curvature pen tool in Photoshop and Illustrator to auto-lip sync in Character Animator, Adobe Sensei enables our tools – and you – to work more effectively and efficiently across your digital canvas.
With the AI revolution emerging as one of the most profound technological paradigm shifts, we’re embracing it with Adobe Sensei to amplify human creativity and intelligence. By blending the art of creativity with the science of data, Adobe Sensei will help free you from mundane tasks and unleash your creativity. We’re constantly working on new innovations that bring the magic of Adobe Sensei to the tip of your brush and transform the entire creative workflow.
Adobe is invested in accelerating the creative process for everyone with the world’s best creative apps. After more than five years of continuous innovation, we’re making a modest adjustment in Creative Cloud commercial pricing for United States, Canada and Mexico customers, which will take effect in early 2018. Until then, renewing subscribers can experience the value of the new features and products announced and available today and new subscribers can lock in a year subscription at the current price with no additional charge:
- Our current STE Student/Education, Creative Cloud Photography and XD plans will see no pricing adjustment.
- Creative Cloud for Individuals All and Single App plans will increase to $52.99 per month from $49.99.
- Creative Cloud for Teams will increase to $79.99 per month from $69.99.
UPDATE: In follow-up to our announcement at MAX in October 2017, Adobe will begin end-customer notifications in March for Creative Cloud price changes in the United States, Canada and Mexico with those changes taking effect on Adobe.com and the channel after this notification period.
This story originally appeared on the Creative Cloud blog.
Topics: Diversity & Inclusion, Adobe MAX
Products: Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Creative Cloud