Subway Sees Its Future, And It’s Filled With AI And Smart Data
Laura Paz, who is responsible for Subway’s Latin American market and 4,000-plus shops, admits to an initial skepticism about artificial intelligence. Here’s how she overcame it.
by Alan Hart
Posted on 01-21-2018
During this episode of “Marketing Today” I spoke with Laura Paz, regional marketing manager for Subway, where she is responsible for the Latin American market and its more than 4,000 shops.
In the course of our discussion, Paz made it clear that the future is now in regard to the use of technology, machine learning, and, in particular, artificial intelligence.
“With the technology and everything shifting, we have to test everything,” Paz said. “I think that technology is that opportunity … that could support all of our teams to achieve better performance.”
Highlights from this week’s “Marketing Today” podcast include:
- The value of preparation and perseverance, learned from growing up in a family of entrepreneurs. (1:33)
- The challenge of balancing family and career. (2:41)
- Subway’s use of AI, how it works for the company, and the success it has enjoyed. (6:15)
- Overcoming skepticism about using AI. (12:13)
- Paz’s takeaways from the startup world. (17:11)
- Why smart data is the future. (19:16)
Topics: Experience Cloud, Insights Inspiration, Digital Transformation, B2B, Other, CMO by Adobe