Adobe Students Presents the Lightroom Summer Adventure Contest
Image source: Adobe Stock / Bednarek.
by The Creative Cloud Team
posted on 06-13-2018
Things are heating up and summer is fast approaching. This summer, we want you to explore the world, be adventurous and most of all, take some amazing photos to capture your favorite moments.
Adobe Lightroom CC is the powerful photo editor for people who love photography. This summer, we’ve teamed up with three travel photographers – Eric Rubens, Elise Sterck, and Alivia Latimer – to bring you an exclusive look at their editing secrets to help you capture and edit your photos like a pro.
We’re also giving you an opportunity to show off your best summer shots for the chance to win some amazing prizes:
- First Place: $1000 towards your next adventure + 12-month subscription to Creative Cloud.
- Second Place: $500 towards your next adventure + 12-month subscription to Creative Cloud Photography Plan.
- Third Place: $250 towards your next adventure.
To enter, follow these simple steps:
- Follow Adobe Students on Instagram (@AdobeStudents).
- Take a photo of your summer adventure.
- Download a preset from one of our three influencers (see below).
- Edit the photo in Adobe Lightroom CC using the preset.
- Share the edited photo along with the original image to Instagram as one post. (tip: use the album feature). Make sure your Instagram is set to public.
- Tag @AdobeStudents and include the hashtag #LRSummerContest.
Meet the Pros and Download their Lightroom CC Presets
From Left to Right: Eric Rubens, Alivia Latimer, Elise Sterck.
Eric Rubens “@erubes1”: Eric is a Southern California based photographer who adores traveling the world. He has built an audience of over 350k followers on his Instagram and loves seeing new places, meeting new people, and living every day like it’s his last!
Elise Sterck “@roundtheworldgirl”: Elise is a photographer with a passion for traveling, the environment and mountain sports. Elise has over 300K followers on Instagram, a testament to her incredible photos, often surrounded by the natural environment and some awe-inspiring surroundings.
Alivia Latimer “@alivialatimer”: Alivia is a photographer residing in Portland, Oregon. She is passionate about capturing authentic moments in natural light, whether up in the mountains or road tripping down the coast! You can find a mixture of Alivia’s work alongside photos of her day to day life and travels on Instagram, where she has more than 100k followers.
Follow these steps to download & import the presets into Lightroom CC
- Click the download link of the preset you would like to use
- Open Adobe Lightroom CC
- Select File > Import Profiles and Presets
- Select the downloaded preset file and click ‘Import’
- Open the photo you would like to edit, click the edit toolbar on the right-hand side of Lightroom and then you’ll find the imported preset when you select the ‘Presets’ button.
No purchase necessary. Enter by July 1, 2018. Must be a college student or recent graduate and 18+. For complete details, eligible countries, and promotional item descriptions see official rules. Void where prohibited. Originator: Adobe
Winners will be announced on July 30, 2018
Topics: Creativity, Photography
Products: Lightroom, Photoshop, Creative Cloud