Premiere Pro 12.1.2 Update
Improved performance for video editing.
by Eric Philpott
posted on 07-16-2018
Today we released the latest update to Premiere Pro CC (release version 12.1.2), offering improved performance with new hardware-accelerated encoding and decoding, expanded and improved format support, and bug fixes.
You can install the update through the Creative Cloud desktop application, or check for new updates in Premiere Pro (or any Creative Cloud application) by choosing Help > Updates. Please note that it can take up to 24 hours for an update to be available to all users.
This update is recommended for all users. As always, we strongly advise backing up projects before updating.
New in the 12.1.2 update for Premiere Pro
- Hardware-accelerated H.264 and HEVC decoding on MacBook Pro and iMac Pro machines with Mac OS 10.13.
- Hardware-accelerated HEVC encoding on Windows 10 with seventh generation (or later) Intel® Core™ processors and Intel Graphics enabled.
- Performance improvements for decoding RED camera formats.
- Performance improvements for decoding Sony RAW/X-OCN camera formats.
- Added support for exporting 8K H.264 format.
- Added support for exporting XAVC QFHD Long GOP 4:2:2 formats.
- Added support for Panasonic camera metadata.
- Added support for HTC Vive Pro.
Bug fixes in the 12.1.2 update for Premiere Pro
- Fixed: Crash when a team project is opened in After Effects that contains a Premiere Pro sequence.
- Fixed: Intermittent crashes when updating comp edited in After Effects.
- Fixed: Copy & paste a merged clip from one project to another could trigger a null pointer exception.
- Fixed: Crash when changing audio channels on merged clips and loading into the source panel.
- Fixed: Crash when importing specific ALE files.
- Fixed: Playhead hangs for ripple trim in trim mode with transmit and second monitor attached.
- Fixed: Import of AVCHD files outside of spanned folder results in period of not responding and audio conform error (Mac only).
- Fixed: Creating edits for files modified from the Essential Sound — changes could trigger a crash.
- Fixed: Crashing issue with late-model Intel CPUs with the Lumetri Scopes panel (Windows 7).
- Fixed: Crash when untrimming audio clip accidentally overlapped in imported Audition mixdown.
- Fixed: Closing Premiere after queueing a render could cause Adobe Media Encoder to crash.
- Fixed: Issue with importing some ProRes file types.
- Fixed: Issue with pasting a merged clip to another project.
- Fixed: Merged clips can now be opened as sequences.
- Fixed: Issue with deleting search bin containing merged clips.
- Fixed: Issue with modified audio channels in Merge Clips.
- Fixed: Issues with audio/video file importing, including H.264 AV (Mac OSX 10.11) and ProRes.
- Fixed: QuickTime files with Alpha Channel flickers during playback in Mac OS X High Sierra.
- Fixed: Import issue with some Elgato CFR, DNxHD OP Atom MXF, and DJI HEVC files.
- Fixed: Audio playback issues with Filmic Pro files when app is backgrounded.
- Fixed: Error rendering with XDCAM sources in an MXF wrapper.
- Fixed: SLog-3, the colors now match Sony RAW Viewer.
- Fixed: Color shift issue with Cinema DNG file shot from DJI INSPIRE ZENMUSE X5R.
- Fixed: Some QuickTime-wrapped XDCAMHD 422 files are offline on Mac OSX 10.11.
- Fixed: iPhone H.264 .mov files captured via “Moments” import as audio only.
- Fixed: Issues with Sequence Markers in Source Monitor, and marker behavior between Timeline and Source Monitor, including multicam sequences.
- Fixed: Marker issues when duplicating a clip or moving clips from or to a new project.
- Fixed: Project Panel search bin is dimmed and is not enabled.
- Fixed: Project location switches to the temp directory when dragging sequences from Premiere Pro to Adobe Media Encoder.
- Fixed: Duplication issues when moving clips and folders.
- Fixed: Issues with project and media files between Windows to MacOS.
- Fixed: Issues with custom track colors when moved between projects.
- Fixed: Issues with Reveal in Project behaviors.
- Fixed: Open Captions decoding missing from decode list.
- Fixed: Incorrect positioning for imported EBU stl file with open subtitles.
- Fixed: Closed caption STL issues with currency signs.
- Fixed: Export caption XML uses non-specification conforming tags.
- Fixed: Issues with creation and revision dates for Exported STL sidecar files.
- Fixed: Crash when user clicked “+” button on the Captions pane when all existed sub-captions are cleared by “-” button.
- Fixed: Issue where creating project after saving a previous project triggers New Default Workspaces dialog.
- Fixed: Workspaces now save correctly with the project.
- Fixed: Tools panel too wide in default editing workspace preset (Windows only).
- Fixed: Audio tracks incorrectly display as muted after reopening a project.
- Fixed: Volume issues when flattening some trimmed multicam clip with mono audio.
- Fixed: Issue where auto ducking keyframes could cause a crash.
- Fixed: Issues with render and replace audio only (MacOS).
- Fixed: Playback issues with some audio clips after exporting.
- Fixed: Audio preferences changes not retained after relaunch.
- Fixed: Audio Previews not saved to location specified.
- Fixed: Default audio levels for XML roundtrip workflows and AAF exports.
- Fixed: Waveform display issues, including multicam clips.
- Fixed: Issues with effects rendering for AAF.
- Fixed: Issue with importing track volume keyframes in AAF files.
Playback and rendering
- Fixed: Artifact issues when using video limiter.
- Fixed: Interlacing artifact issues when exporting projects with OpenCL renderer.
- Fixed: Dropped frames when switching from half-res to full-res playback.
- Fixed: Artifact issues with Kona 4 video I/O when sending HDR images to HDMI monitor.
- Fixed: Media Encoder now displays all LUT/Look options for rendering.
- Fixed: Scale to frame size now generates correct aspect ratio for image analysis.
- Fixed: Issue where Color Match applied color adjustments to last keyframe only.
- Improved: Color Match now only applies matching algorithms to visible part of cropped image.
- Fixed: Reference images with transparency no longer show ghosted current image.
- Fixed: Issues with Basic Correction to HDR images used as reference image for Color Match.
- Fixed: Ripple Trim Previous Edit to Playhead now displays correct frame.
- Fixed: Timecode issues with some EDL exports.
- Fixed: Start Screen objects and UI load time.
- Fixed: Issue with missing fonts.
- Fixed: Eyedropper tool works correctly with floating panels.
- Fixed: Timecode entry beyond 24 hours.
For help or questions about the release, please visit the Premiere Pro forum.
Topics: News, Video & Audio
Products: Premiere Pro, Creative Cloud