5 Featured Sessions: Video Track
MAX is the perfect place to learn how to take your post-production skills to the next level with the tools available to you in Creative Cloud.
by Elissa Dunn Scott
posted on 08-10-2018
More and more people are working with video these days, and MAX is the perfect place to learn how to take your post-production skills to the next level with the tools available to you in Creative Cloud. Whether you’re creating content for social, or you’re working on a Hollywood film, we’ve got you covered. Here are 5 sessions in the video track you should check out:
After Effects is a massive tool full of many useful features. However, it can also be overwhelming to someone who is just starting out. In this session, join former Fox Sports motion graphics designer Sergei Prokhnevskiy, who will start at the very beginning and showcase need-to-know features that will help anyone get started on the right foot.
In this session, Sergei will:
- Introduce you to the UI and show you where to start.
- Highlight the most important features first.
- Help you get a good result quickly using built-in animation templates.
- Reveal timesaving keyboard shortcuts and more.
Learn how Hollywood post-production professionals make the most of their time and effort by taking advantage of the essential features for professional editors and assistant editors in Creative Cloud. Discover features in Premiere Pro that will streamline your workflow, save time, and help you deliver exactly what you want when you want it.
In this session, Hollywood director and editor Christine Steele will show you:
- How Creative Cloud can help you work effectively on a project with multiple creatives.
- How to handle mixed-media footage of differing scale and resolution.
- Techniques to maximize results when working with multi-cam footage.
- How to set up, use, and share master projects in Premiere Pro.
- Project and sequence tips and toolkits used by professional content creators.
- Example workflows using After Effects, Photoshop, and Adobe Audition.
If you have a unique story to tell, join YouTube veteran and social media editor Valentina Vee as she shares her favorite tips for capturing great moments. Using your hands-on skills to help craft a compelling story, you’ll get acquainted with new Project Rush, an all-in-one, cross-device video editing application designed to help you increase your content velocity and expand your social reach.
In this bring-your-own-device lab, you’ll learn how to:
- Set up a great shot.
- Use color techniques to communicate the right mood.
- Capture and finesse your video with great-sounding audio.
- Optimize your videos for social media to drive discovery and engagement.
This session will be offered on days two and three of MAX. Download Project Rush on the first day of MAX to your iPad or smartphone before the class starts on Tuesday or Wednesday. No devices will be available for your use.
Curious about video editing, but not sure how to get started? Meet Project Rush, the new all-in-one, cross-device video application that makes creating and sharing online videos faster and easier than ever. Join Adobe product managers Danielle Darby and Erin Norton as they walk you through the basics of creating your very first video in Rush. Bring your favorite clips on a flash drive if you have a video in mind. If not, no worries — we’ll have sample media for you to work with.
In this hands-on lab, you’ll learn how to:
- Import clips and get started with basic editing using an iPad or a computer.
- Use color to achieve the right mood.
- Finesse audio to make sure your video sounds great.
- Add unique, customized titles and motion graphics to make your videos stand out.
- Share your videos online via YouTube, Facebook, and more.
It’s now more important than ever to have engaging content in a presentation to keep your audience interested. While beautifully designed static slides get you part of the way there, rich media can make your presentation the one that will truly be remembered. Join Adobe certified trainer and video expert Nick Harauz as he introduces you to applications and features within Creative Cloud that are designed to add professional motion graphics content to your next video presentation.
This intermediate session will teach you how to:
- Add moving text to presentations using After Effects.
- Apply special effects within Adobe Premiere Pro to make your slides stand out.
- Create motion graphics templates in After Effects or Premiere Pro, or choose a professionally designed template from Adobe Stock.
- Set up an After Effects project for continuously changing data-driven animations.
Topics: News, Adobe MAX
Products: Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Creative Cloud