Free Adobe XD UI Kit: A Flexible Editorial Design Solution Inspired by Bauhaus
by Lindsay Munro
posted on 08-20-2018
The Bauhaus School of Design is iconic, and its impact in modern design principles can still be felt today. It is thoughtful yet uncompromising, with a unique visual style and a guiding principle of “form follows function.” It is, in every way, a design hidden treasure — one that applies as much to experience design (UX) designers as it does to graphic designers and illustrators. That’s why we commissioned the MY500 UI Kit for Adobe XD and are offering it to you now for free.
The user interface (UI) kit uses the Reross font, originally conceptualized by Bauhaus master Reinhold Rossig and recreated by Elia Preuss. The font is one of five that are part of Adobe Hidden Treasures, a campaign to revitalize and share these Bauhaus fonts with Creative Cloud members, a century after the Bauhaus school created them in Dessau, Germany. Read on to learn how the font and Bauhaus’s guiding principles are reflected in this UI kit, then download the free MY500 UI Kit yourself and follow in these masters’ footsteps with Adobe XD.
MY500: Editorial content modules, different navigation patterns, and Bauhaus design elements
The MY500 UI Kit focuses on editorial design. Its visual language is inspired by the masters of the Bauhaus movement. Its typographic concept, Reross, was originally created by Reinhold in the 1920s and has been recreated by Elia. It now finds its purpose in the digital space. It includes:
- Three navigation patterns.
- 20+ editorial content modules.
- Expressive Bauhaus design.
- Reross font.
- Futura PT font.
Its mix-and-match concept allows maximum flexibility when designing, and makes it possible to create impactful layouts within a very short time. Simply pick a module, drag it onto your art board, and insert your content.
Meet the designer: Melanie Daveid
UX designer Melanie Daveid.
Melanie is a UX strategist from Austria with an interdisciplinary background in product development, brand design, and art direction. Her professional journey has led her from self-employment, to working with globally known brands at agencies, and eventually to start-up life where she has managed a team of creatives. Lately, she has been focusing on product management at eBay.
Melanie calls herself an “enfant terrible” of the “digital avantgarde.” She enjoys nothing more than a decent high-five!
Want more UI kits and design resources? Adobe XD has them
Adobe XD has many other free UI resources available, including the Vault UI Kit that puts security UX tools in your toolkit. We’ve also released five recent UI kits and icon sets designed to help you build everything from a restaurant website to a fashion e-commerce hub. After you’ve explored MY500, check out these other UI kits below:
- E-Commerce UI Kit: Everything you need to design e-commerce solutions, and some added “pawtastic” dog and cat-related UI elements for pet app fun.
- Travel Companion UI Kit: From hotel, flight, and activity listings to buttons and icons, here’s a comprehensive kit for travel-themed apps or websites.
- Transportation UI Kit: With more than 60 customizable screens full of symbols and other elements, like navigation, Navigo helps you design transportation experiences for apps or websites.
- Apple iOS design resources: These new UI materials make it easier to quickly design iOS apps.
- Google Material sticker sheet: Provides elements like light and dark symbols for status bars, app bars, bottom toolbars, cards, drop-down menus, and more to design Android apps.
- Windows UI Kit: Allows you to start designing Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps.
- Office UI Fabric Design Kit: Helps you design seamless Office and Office 365 experiences.
- Smartwatch UI Kit: A comprehensive UI kit for the smartwatch, with more than 20 customizable components and more than 30 customizable icons.
- Dashboard UI Kit: Includes 100 customizable components across 10 screens, with more than a dozen charts (the backbone of many dashboards) to help simplify the dashboard design process.
Not sure where to start? Check out our full list of tools and resources for everything you need to get started designing, prototyping, sharing, and working with unique UI kits in Adobe XD. And for UX insights sent straight to your inbox, sign up for Adobe’s experience design newsletter.
Topics: Creativity, Design
Products: Creative Cloud