Adobe Primetime IBC 2018 Update
by Sean Lyden
posted on 09-04-2018
With IBC 2018 right around the corner, we’re excited to update you on the latest Adobe Primetime developments and invite you to meet us in Amsterdam.
In 2018, Primetime solutions again helped the world’s premier media companies deliver the biggest livestreaming events. From video delivery, to dynamic ad insertion, to subscriber authentication, Primetime technology helped power Super Bowl LII, the PyeongChang Winter Olympics, FIFA World Cup, NCAA March Madness, the NBA Playoffs and the newest streaming world record holder: the 2018 India Premier League.
Primetime Authentication expands globally
In North America, programmers and pay-tv operators have relied on Primetime Authentication (formerly known as Adobe Pass) to deliver TV Everywhere while protecting their subscriber revenue. Since it was launched in 2010, Authentication quickly grew to cover 99 percent of pay-TV households — and was even awarded an Emmy. We’re now proud to announce that Authentication is expanding beyond North America, beginning with Europe.
- Authentication now supports single sign-on across all major platforms and an expanded home-based authentication footprint. This means that more viewers are getting to their authorized TV Everywhere content faster and more seamlessly than ever before.
- New enhancements to Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI) showcase why it is the industry’s preferred choice for livestreaming events. Primetime DAI can now insert ads when a viewer joins a stream in the middle of an ad break, which is a common and complex use case for live events. Additionally, Primetime DAI supports just-in-time ad delivery and VPAID for livestreaming, which are critical for delivering ads sold programmatically.
- TVSDK now supports CMAF, giving clients the ability to use a single streaming format across platforms. It also now supports multi-DRM, improving content security and meeting studio requirements for 2019 and beyond.
Let’s connect at IBC 2018
The Primetime team has dedicated meeting space at the RAI Convention Centre. If you’d like to learn more about how Adobe Primetime can help your business, we’d love to talk with you.
- To book a meeting in advance, please email Sean Lyden, or
- Stop by the Adobe stand at IBC to connect with a member of our team.
We’ll see you in Amsterdam.
Topics: Digital Transformation, Advertising
Products: Experience Cloud, Premiere Pro, Creative Cloud