Plan for These Must-Attend Marketing Innovations Sessions at Adobe Summit
by Adobe Communications Team
posted on 01-14-2019
The Marketing Innovations track — powered by CMO.com — is one of the most popular tracks each year at Adobe Summit. The sessions are dedicated to bringing you industry insights, the latest on emerging technologies, and leadership strategies to help you kill it in your career.
Here are five must-attend Marketing Innovations sessions that you’ll want to register for as soon as the Session Scheduler is available later this month:
NASA’s Chief Scientist on Achieving the Impossible
Operating under extreme pressure with strict deadlines, multiple stakeholders, and geographically dispersed teams to achieve something that has never been attempted before — that’s something that any business leader is all too familiar with. Join Dr. John Grotzinger, chief scientist and head of strategic planning, for the Mars Rover Mission at NASA, as he shares insights on the exploration of the unknown, the prowess of emerging technology, and the unique management strategies for motivating and collaborating with hundreds of staff members across 13 countries, all operating under extreme pressure. He explains the best-practice approach of “test as you fly, and fly as you test,” resulting in risk reduction, and outlines how his team confronted challenges to make history and achieve the impossible.
In this session, learn how to:
- Create a culture of innovation in times of ambiguity.
- Lead and motivate teams across diverse skill sets, backgrounds, and geographies.
- Take risks and challenge the status quo.
- Celebrate victories, and learn valuable lessons from failures.
Talk Triggers: Turn Your Customers into Volunteer Marketers
Word of mouth is responsible for as much as 50 percent of all purchases, yet almost nobody has an actual plan to generate it. In this fast-paced, dynamic presentation, New York Times best-selling marketing author Jay Baer presents a simple yet critical choice: Do you want to be the same, or do you want to be different? Same is lame. We ignore average, but we discuss different. When you offer a differentiated, talkable customer experience, it compels conversation. And when customers talk, they recruit new customers… for free. With hilarious and poignant storytelling, this presentation creates real change among business professionals at all levels, helping you improve your marketing and approach to customer acquisition.
Key takeaways from this session:
- The four things that must be true for a differentiator to be a talk trigger.
- The five types of word-of-mouth-generating talk triggers.
- The six-step process for creating talk triggers in any organization.
Augmented Reality and the Future of Marketing: What Marketers Need to Know
You can’t spell marketing without AR! Augmented reality has made headlines for several years now, but did you know that AR is more than just fun and games? Join AR expert Cathy Hackl on a journey to the future of marketing and how immersive technologies are being used in business today and how they are being integrated in marketing strategies. This session is for marketers and creatives who want to be prepared for the future of marketing and content.
Walk away from this session knowing:
- The differences between AR, VR, and MR.
- Why AR will impact every aspect of marketing.
- How to start adding AR into your marketing mix.
- Practical use cases for AR.
- Where AR is going in 2020.
The Biggest Marketing Trends for 2019
A recent study found that 80 percent of business decision-makers said that improving their company’s customer experience was among their top priorities in the year ahead. So was increasing customer loyalty (81 percent). Hear McKinsey partner and global lead of digital marketing operations Jason Heller deep dive into what’s in store for marketing in 2019, when so many businesses will be refocusing their strategies around customer experience.
- Data-driven creativity as a strategic differentiator.
- The shift toward experiential commerce to build loyalty.
- Personalization and connecting content and data ethically.
- Account-based marketing for a B2B advantage.
- Emerging tech for truly transformative experiences.
The Changing Role of the CIO at the Intersection of IT and Marketing
Delivering seamless customer experiences is the top priority for most businesses today and a driving force behind digital transformation strategies across industries. To be able to provide the best experience possible across every customer touchpoint, tighter relations between marketing and IT teams are in order.
The CIO is playing a critical role in strengthening the marketing-IT collaboration and driving personalized customer experiences. Join Adobe CIO Cindy Stoddard, who will lead a discussion on how the role of the CIO is evolving as companies make the shift toward customer-centric business practices.
- The role of the CIO in digital transformation
- The skill sets of the modern CIO
- The convergence between IT and marketing in improving the customer journey
- Fostering a culture of collaboration within IT and marketing
- Tips for breaking down organizational silos and aligning various business functions around a common goal
- A look at the future of CX and the role that IT will continue to play
Come to Summit to become a digital experience pro
Join industry leaders and innovators March 26-28, 2019, at The Venetian | The Palazzo in Las Vegas for three days of marketing information, innovation, and inspiration. Register now and check out over 300 sessions and labs, including these must-attends from the Marketing Innovations track.
See you there!
Topics: News, Adobe Summit
Products: Experience Cloud