Stock Content Call: Real People
by Adobe Stock Team
posted on 04-03-2019
Adobe Stock customers are looking for authentic, emotionally inspiring images and footage of real people that reflect a broad range of ages, ethnicities, gender representations, body types, and physical abilities.
If you have content that celebrates our differences, upload them to Adobe Stock today,.
Real people, real life
- Diverse groups of people in everyday life, particularly of Hispanic, Asian, African, and Middle Eastern backgrounds
- Celebrations unique to specific cultures, including quinceañeras, Día de Muertos, Diwali, Ramadan, bar mitzvahs and bat mitzvahs, Hanukkah, and more
- Health, wellness, and fitness concepts featuring people of all body types and abilities at the gym, exercising, leading active and healthy lifestyles
- Positive representations of people with disabilities
- Indigenous people, ethnic diversity in cities and rural environments
Love in all forms
- Mixed ethnicity families, single-parent families, and families with same-sex parents engaging in daily activities such as eating, traveling, driving, celebrating, shopping, at home and with their pets
- Large, multigenerational families of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Same-sex couples and couples including trans and nonbinary people
Diversity at work
- Women as leaders and in positions of power, leading groups of diverse people
- All ethnicities and people with disabilities around the office and in leadership positions
- Women and girls in technology and science, working and learning on tablets, smartphones, and other interactive surfaces
- Women and mothers in the military, on the job and with their families
- Diversity that looks natural and not tokenistic
- Casting should reflect positive representations of body, age, race, culture, gender, and physical abilities.
- Try to include in your cast real businesses and families for more authentic pictures.
- Capture a mix of documentary environmental portraits and static portrait shots.
- Brands are asking for people looking at the camera and also people not making eye contact. with the camera, so consider doing a few variations of the same setup.
- Keep copy space in mind, and change perspectives to provide a variety of options from a single shoot.
- Leave plenty of room for buyers to crop — back up when shooting.
- Always shoot an empty version of the scene as well — it’s useful for buyers if they need to composite.
- When including technology such as tablets, phones, and laptops, consider doing a similar setup or shot with multiple different devices.
- Use on the phone green or blank screens in lifestyle moments so that the brand can comp in their own app and footage.
- All recognizable subjects need to sign a model release. You can print out this template before the shoot, or send one via email directly from the Stock Contributor Portal.
- Make sure you don’t have any logos or trademarks in your submissions — including on clothing, shoes, phones, and other personal items. It’s best to avoid them in the shot, but you can also scrub them out in postproduction if you need.
- Keyword accurately to ensure buyers will find your content, and list the most important and relevant keywords first.
Need a little inspiration? See more images and clips of real people on Adobe Stock.
Ready to sell your images and videos? Upload them to the Adobe Stock Contributor Portal today.
Topics: Creativity, Photography, Video & Audio