Improvements and Changes at MAX 2019
by Elissa Dunn Scott
posted on 06-14-2019
Registration is open, and scheduling is officially underway. We’re thrilled to be back in Los Angeles for MAX 2019, and we’re looking forward to seeing you there. Our team has been hard at work planning the overall event experience, and, based on attendee feedback, we’re making improvements that we wanted to share with you:
- More instances of our most popular sessions: Worried something may fill up before you get a chance to schedule it? We’ve asked our speakers to commit to presenting more than one instance to offer more scheduling flexibility.
- Additional venues and space: MAX has grown tremendously over the past few years, and we’re adding additional LA Live venues to better accommodate attendee flow. Make sure you bring comfortable shoes — always a lot of walking involved at MAX.
- Making labs accessible for more attendees: Labs tend to fill up quickly, so we’ve taken several measures to address this where we can — including bringing back and adding more BYOD labs, increasing lab capacity, adding more instances of our most popular labs, as well as offering a range of pre-conference labs and bootcamps_._
Along with the improvements we’re making to enhance the attendee experience, we’re making some big changes too. Here’s what’s new this year:
- Pricing: Over the last 10 years, we have kept our prices flat. However, in order to deliver the one-of-a-kind creative event that our customers have come to expect, we have increased our conference fee. The price increase enables us to incorporate key attendee requests into the overall experience — such as adding venues, providing larger sessions with more amazing speakers, and providing multiple instances of our most popular sessions.
- Labs and workshop limitation: We are limiting the number of labs to three and workshops to one in order to create a more egalitarian experience so that more of our attendees can take advantage of all that MAX has to offer. Labs tend to fill up quickly, and we make every effort to add seats and instances where we can, but we needed to do even more to make these as accessible as possible for everyone. Keep in mind that it is still possible for attendees to attend more than three labs by utilizing the on-site wait lines. We’ve seen success with this process the past few years when people arrive early, and they’re often still able to get a seat in the class.
We are confident that the changes we are making will improve the MAX experience while still delivering top-notch content and innovative experiences.
We hope to see you and your team at MAX this year!
Topics: News, Adobe MAX