Adobe Introduces a Better Way to Work with PDFs in Box
by Ashley Still
posted on 10-03-2019
With 250 billion PDFs opened in Adobe products alone last year, PDF is the currency of modern work. From editing and sharing to reviewing and signing your most important documents, Adobe is focused on helping you do your best work from wherever you are. Since 2016, we’ve worked closely with Box to help people from all size companies modify, organize, collaborate, and sign on the billions of PDFs stored in Box. Our joint customers can already use Adobe Acrobat DC and the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to open and get work done with PDFs in Box. They can also quickly and easily send documents to be signed directly from Box using Adobe Sign.
Today at BoxWorks, we are previewing an integrated Acrobat web experience in Box as the next major milestone in our partnership to advance modern productivity. This integrated experience means that you can seamlessly access the full collaboration and editing power of Acrobat to stay productive, whether on the web, your smartphone or desktop computer. And it will be as simple as your IT department flipping the ‘on’ switch to make it happen. You won’t have to deal with the hassle of downloading a file to your desktop, managing version control, or keeping your content secure.
Here’s a rundown of what our new integration with Box will help you do:
- View PDFswith an integrated Acrobat web viewer with advanced search, annotation, and form filling capabilities.
- Create high-quality PDFsthat preserve fonts, formatting, and layouts.
- Modify and organize existing PDFswith the available delete, reorder, and rotate capabilities.
- Combine multiple file typesincluding PDF, Microsoft Office, image, text, and Adobe design into one that you can use for archiving or distribution.
- Export PDFsinto editable Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or RTF files that preserve fonts, formatting, and layouts.
- Senda document for signature and track its progress from the Box Recommended Apps experience, a rich list of curated, contextual applications that customers see whenever they preview a file in Box.
- Capture e-signatures in the Box Activity Stream, a central place to view all the activity related to a file both on Box and across all third-party applications.
Joint customers will soon be able to access even more of the world’s best PDF tools right inside Box, with the new integrations expected to be live next year. Our work with Box is an important part of our goal of bringing best-in-class PDF experiences and tools to the most popular cloud content management systems, where people already work, store, sign, and collaborate with PDFs.
While this is a significant milestone in our work together, we’re not stopping there. You can expect that we’ll continue to collaborate with Box, particularly around advancements in Acrobat and Adobe Sign for mobile and web, as we continue on our joint quest to make your day a little more productive.
Products: Acrobat, Document Cloud