You’re Going to Want to Check Out These Great Sessions at MAX
by Adobe Communications Team
posted on 10-29-2019
Still deciding how to complete your session schedule at MAX? Overwhelmed with all the choices? We’ve got you covered. Here are some featured sessions that were just added! Take advantage of all the great offerings, and walk away with some fresh inspiration.
There’s something for everyone in this incredible lineup. Log in to the Session Scheduler and search by session ID to add to your schedule. Check out the session descriptions for the 10 sessions below:
Putting your Illustrator files into motion may seem like a head-scratcher, but if you know the right tools to get you there quickly, transforming your vector-based designs into jaw-dropping animations is easy. Join Kyle Hamrick, motion designer and trainer, as he educates you on the tricks of the trade.
In this session, sponsored by Lenovo, you’ll:
- Discover the technical basics to prep your files
- Learn the essential steps from start to finish
- Note timesaving tips and tricks
- Get insight into some helpful third-party scripts to streamline the process
You’ll also get a peek at recommended hardware from Lenovo that you may need to get your Illustrator files from stagnant to amazing.
When moving into video, taking advantage of the latest hardware solutions for optimal performance is the key to turning your workstation into a creative workhorse, instead of letting it hold your creativity hostage. Join the Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro product teams to learn how you can optimize your hardware for moving into motion design and video editing. You’ll leave with knowledge critical for empowering your video work and creativity.
Sponsored by Lenovo, this session will cover how to:
- Get the most out of your hardware and software
- Create a system that meets standard and ideal system requirements
- Leverage the GPU and CPU for ideal video processing
Good work doesn’t happen in silos. For the modern creative team, projects happen across teams, across offices, all over the world. Learn how an integrated ecosystem of tools within a smart workspace can bring your team and ideas together, no matter where you are.
In this session, design leaders from Dropbox, Fullscreen and Marketplace (American Public Radio) will share how:
- Distributed design can enhance product and design effectiveness
- Global, cross-functional teams come together to deliver their best work
- Leveraging integrated tools can improve your creative processes
By attending this session, your contact information will be shared with Dropbox. You’ll also be entered into a raffle to win an iPad Pro and Apple Pencil!
Learn how you can have the freedom to improve your photos from anywhere. Join photographer and photo educator Jack Davis as he shares tips for transforming your photos from ordinary to extraordinary without being tied to your computer. He’ll walk through start-to-finish examples of how to edit using only mobile devices with both Lightroom and Photoshop on the iPad. And you’ll see how you can access and share those photos from anywhere.
In this session, you’ll discover the power of mobile editing:
- Getting started by using profiles and presets
- Improving composition, color, and exposure
- Making selective edits to emphasize important elements of your photo
- Retouching and compositing techniques
Learn how innovative, Berlin-based foam Studio uses 3D software to bring their designs to life. Matthias Winckelmann, managing partner, will dive deep into the creative process that drives foam Studio’s unique visual language. foam Studio uses the Substance suite to create custom visual experiences for global advertising campaigns, from creating imaginary worlds for the products of tomorrow to designing the autonomous car of the future.
Join Matthias in this look at how foam Studio designs their exquisite visual worlds to discover:
- Why the Substance suite plays an important role in the studio’s creative pipeline
- How Substance Painter and Substance Source are used with 3D packages such as Cinema4D and Unreal Engine
- The ideation, conceptualization, and design of foam Studio’s latest projects
- Real-world examples that show how adding 3D to your design toolbox can expand your design portfolio
Join popular Instagram fine art photographer and compositor Bella Kotak as she shares her insights and techniques for creating a striking, complex and ethereal composited image from start to finish. Using recent work that blends reality with imagination, she’ll cover her compositing techniques, the power of color, and how she creates her magical images. You’ll leave inspired to create impressive composite images while working from anywhere
Specifically, you’ll learn how to use Photoshop on iPad to:
- Work with layers, selections, and masks
- Combine components from multiple images to create a new image
- Create a mood and dramatically alter an image with color
How do you make a horse fly? Or a dragon, a griffin, or any imaginary animal — and make it biologically feasible? Join illustrator, concept artist, and creature designer Terryl Whitlatch and professor, paleontologist, and illustrator Michael Habib in this richly illustrated and fascinating look at making pterosaurs, bats, birds — or the creature of your choice — fly.
As Terryl and Mike share insights gained as designers and consultants for films like Star Wars: Episode I — The Phantom Menace, and many other films, you’ll learn about:
- The evolution of flight in vertebrates like birds from prehistory to present
- The anatomy of flight and the biomechanics of creatures that soar
- How to make imaginary creatures real using biology and science
3D is being used to create high quality, photorealistic images to generate marketing content and bring virtual experiences to life. Using 3D for content creation is changing how retailers visualize content, allowing customers interact with brands in unprecedented ways. Anuradha Madhusudan, senior director of marketing at Target, and Ross McKegney, director of engineering at Adobe, will show how and why Target is leveraging this new way of creating content, the benefits of doing so, and insights into industry trends.
Join Anu and Ross in this session to understand:
- How 3D has helped Target visualize content
- How this 3D content provides new ways for customers to interact with the content
- The benefits of using CGI to visualize content
Please note: the Tuesday 1:15pm instance of this session is located at Regal Theaters, which requires a quick bag check. Please plan on a few extra minutes to get into the theater.
Imagine being able to work with the Photoshop you know and love- anywhere! Join Phlearn founder, and compositing guru, Aaron Nace as he shows you the possibilities of Photoshop on an iPad. Learn how you can create stunning composites whenever and wherever inspiration strikes. Free your creativity beyond the desktop by seamlessly working on an iPad and the desktop.
In this session, you’ll learn how to:
- Create composites with ease
- Work with psd files on your computer or iPad
- Harness the creative potential of the Apple Pencil
Voice and emerging interfaces are fundamentally changing humanity’s relationship with technology. And as designers, we must help create this new world. Join Will Hall, chief creative officer at RAIN, for a look at how emerging technologies are evolving in China and how these principles are shaping interactions all over the world.
In this fascinating look at the future of voice design, you’ll discover:
- The five principles of voice design
- How children are evolving due to conversational interfaces
- Case studies: Starbucks, Nike, HBO, Headspace, and others
- Informed predictions
There’s still time to make the most of your MAX schedule. Check out the full lineup of sessions in the catalog. We’ll see you at MAX!
Topics: News, Adobe MAX
Products: Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Creative Cloud