Who Will Make the Cut?
Be the first to draft these puppets onto your team!
by Erica Schisler
posted on 11-22-2019
Get them out on the field, boost viewership, and score “likes” with these four professionally designed Character Animator puppets. At last, your sports-themed cartoon character desires are fulfilled. Originally created in Adobe Illustrator which allows fast, clean, and easy customization of colors and paths.
This is a slam dunk! All four characters leverage the power of the Character Animator parallax features offering that classic 2D look with the magnetism of 3D. Time out! Just when you thought it couldn’t get better, all four puppets have different facial trait dispositions and offer a wide range of useful mouth, hand, and animation triggers to bring them to life and present a full spectrum of emotion.
The ball is in your court – you can bring any of these puppets to life in Character Animator using your web cam, mic, and your own performance. These puppets are rigged and ready for animating! The Footy puppet also includes a Vuvuzela Horn and triggerable audio. Get started right away Download all four puppets.
Designed by award-winning digital media artist, Kevin McMahon. You can check him out on Behance here. Kevin’s clients include USA Track and Field, Stanford University Athletics, and Heads of Curriculum. Kevin is also the founder of the “Design Dojo”, a design education initiative serving educators and students worldwide with teaching resources including posters, videos, and application assets.
Knock it out of the park and animate like a champion!
Share your animations on social media with #CharacterAnimator
Many new tutorials and resources
- Get an overview of all the new features in Character Animator 2020!
- Keyframes allow more control over specific parameters like position, scale, rotation, and more. This Keyframes tutorial goes through the basics, teaching you how to set up and edit a set of simple keyframes.
- Scene Cameras let you add different shot types to your scenes, from wide / medium / closeup stationary shots to animated zooms and pans. Character Animator also lets you add shots to triggers, so you can press buttons to switch between shots live. This Cameras tutorial walks through a sample scene and teaches the basics of setting up camera systems for both recorded and live workflows.
- Triggerable Audio lets you play an audio file at the same time as a triggered animation, such as a sound effect, voice, or song. The Triggerable Audio tutorial walks you through the basics.
- We also have a new audio pack with 50 free sound effects for anyone to use.
- We want to hear from you! Send us Feature Requests.
- Want to learn more about using Character Animator? Here you go!
Topics: Creativity, Illustration, Video & Audio
Products: Illustrator, Creative Cloud