RoboHelp 2019 – Update 10 (December 2019)
by Stefan Gentz
Posted on 12-18-2019
This blog post was co-authored with Amitoj Singh, Product Manager for Adobe Technical Communication tools at Adobe.
It has been two months since we publicly released Update 9 of Adobe RoboHelp 2019. Today, we are pleased to announce the availability of Adobe RoboHelp 2019 update 10. But before we get into some of the exciting new features which are part of update 10, here is a list of our blog posts for all Updates since the first release of the next-generation Adobe RoboHelp (2019 release) in August 2018.
- RoboHelp 2019 – Update 1
- RoboHelp 2019 – Update 2
- RoboHelp 2019 – Update 3
- RoboHelp 2019 – Update 4
- RoboHelp 2019 – Update 5
- RoboHelp 2019 – Update 6
- RoboHelp 2019 – Update 7
- RoboHelp 2019 – Update 8
- RoboHelp 2019 – Update 9
In this post
What’s new and better
Let’s go through the list of enhancements and bug fixes, that are part of Update 10. Detailed release notes for this and other previous updates are available here.
NEW: Spell Check Panel
With Update 10 for Adobe RoboHelp (2019 release), we have added a new panel for spell checking. To open the new panel, press Ctrl + Shift + F7 or click Edit → Spell Check
There are granular options for Spell Check. Some of them being:
- An option to look in all project files or the currently open file
- Words that are not part of the dictionary can either be skipped, ignored or added to the same
- Is a suggestion box where words are not in the dictionary and can be replaced with suggested ones
NEW: Side-by-Side and Split View
Need to work in two or even more topics at the same time? You can now dow that in Adobe RoboHelp (2019 release) Update 10. A right-click on a file tab gives you now options in the context menu to split the view for multiple topics horizontally or vertically.
One great thing to note here is that you can split the opened topics to any level and simply organize them by drag-and-drop. This also enables easy drag-and-drop of content from one topic to another.
NEW: Auto save
With Update 10, we have added a new setting to enable auto-save for already opened topics. You can activate auto-save in the preferences dialog (Edit → Preferences).
NEW: Better Table of Contents Management with advanced capabilities
Many of you have asked for it and we listened – With Update 10 for Adobe RoboHelp (2019 release) you have now advanced options to cut, copy, and paste items from one TOC (Table of Contents) to another. Duplicating a complete TOC? Easy now.
NEW: Better Hyperlink management
New options have been added with Update 10 to edit hyperlinks as well screen tip during Add/Edit.
NEW: Import Markdown files
And here it is: Support for Markdown! You can now import Markdown files into Adobe RoboHelp (2019 release). All you need is Update 10.
Other Enhancements, Changes, and Fixes
Some of the other enhancements and fixes that are part of Update 10:
- [Enhancement] Support for Team Foundation Server (TFS) Online
- [Enhancement] Support for GIT Access via HTTPS
- [Enhancement] Ability to modify Indigo TOC tile images
- [Enhancement] Reset filters functionality in Frameless output for all skins
- [Enhancement] Breadcrumbs separator config in Frameless skins.
- [Fixes] Search not working for numbers in Responsive output for German Project
- [Fixes] PDF Export cannot handle large files
- [Fixes] Robohelp 2019 TFS Error with Accented Characters in Files names (French)
- [Fixes] Search field on Variables pod unusable in RH 2019 Classic
- [Fixes] YouTube video embedding does not allow GDPR-compliant embedding
- [Fixes] Table borders and cell spacing not handled during Word import
Detailed release notes are available here.
How to get Update 10 of RoboHelp 2019 release
The best way to update Adobe RoboHelp 2019 is to click on Help → Updates to download and install the latest patch.
Found a bug? Want to suggest an improvement? Let us know!
There’s a channel for that: We call it “Adobe Tracker.” Adobe Tracker is your place to go when you find a bug and want to report it to us so that we can fix it in the next update/release. You can also file in your feature requests, ideas, requests for improvements. It’s very easy to do, and the reports go directly into our system, and our product managers, engineers, and support people have direct access to it.
You can report a bug here.
Topics: Technologies, RoboHelp, TechComm, TechComm Import