Meet the First Adobe XDI Team for the Americas
XDIs at Adobe in San Francisco (Feb 2020).
by Demian Borba
posted on 03-05-2020
Hello there, my name is Demian Borba, one of the first Product Managers for Adobe XD. I’m now part of the Strategic Development team for Adobe XD in North America, and I’m thrilled to share some great news with you.
XDI stands for XD instructors, a very special selected group of UX Design practitioners that can train enterprise customers on Adobe XD.
According to Jay, the term XDI started off with an acronym for XD Instructors but he quickly came to realize that his XDIs represent much more than just instructing: “they are inspirational, interfacing to the team, iterating, icebreaking, informing, insiders, improvers, ideators, Italians …and they are also incredible! As Phil Karlton once said: there are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation and naming things. We decided to just leave it with XDI.”
Tom Krcha, one of the creators of XD, and now part of the first XDI team for the Americas, sharing the principles of XD with the other XDIs in the Bay Area.
Let’s get to know them!
- Based in San Jose: Tom Krcha, one of the creators of XD, specialized in iterative data-driven design and plugins.
- Based in Utah: Caleb Kingston, a YouTube star specialized in online Education and Prototyping.
- Based in Los Angeles: Elizé Todd, an Instagram star specialized in Design Thinking and UX.
- Also based in Los Angeles: Jill DaSilva, an awesome author, maker, community organizer, and educator specialized in Iterative Design.
- Based in New York: Jonathan Conway, a great designer specialized in high-fidelity Prototyping.
- Based in the Bay Area: Ariem Anthony, an experienced designer specialized in Design Systems, Production & Plugins.
- Based in New York: Connor Delaney, a designer specialized in high-fidelity Prototyping for agencies.
- Based in Denver: Julia Masalska, another social media star specialized in experimental design with prototyping.
- Based in San Jose: Jad Limcaco, an amazing designer and influencer specialized in Prototyping and Design Systems.
- Based in Los Angeles: Paula Seo, an educator and designer focused on Iterative Design, helping others go from wireframes to high fidelity design and prototyping.
- Based in Seattle: Julie Sanduski, a former Adobe Creative Resident specialized in Design Thinking, UX research, and iterative processes.
- Based in Sao Paulo, Brazil: Vitor Guerra, a Product leader focused on Design Ops and the communities.
- Based in Toronto, Canada: Matt Rae, an amazing designer focused on Prototyping and also on the Design community.
XDIs guided by Andrew Shorten, Senior Director of Product Management for Adobe XD.
If your company needs training on Adobe XD, please reach out to me on Twitter (@demianborba) and we can discuss how one of these amazing XDIs can visit you and train your team.
Products: Creative Cloud