Coming Together + Supporting Our Communities in the Face of COVID-19
by Adobe Communications Team
posted on 03-24-2020
During this challenging time, our first priority is people – protecting and supporting our employees, their families and the communities where we all live and work. We know that many here in Silicon Valley and around the world are already facing huge challenges in meeting their basic needs.
In the face of this unfolding crisis, we believe that it is more critical than ever to come together – with other businesses as well as public and civic organizations to help those most in need. That’s why Adobe is proud to announce a commitment of over $6 million to trusted organizations that are providing vital assistance to our neighbors – locally and globally — as well our creative community. This includes:
- Adobe is joining forces with other tech leaders in the Bay Area to support the COVID-19 Coronavirus Regional Response Fund of the Silicon Valley Community Foundation, a trusted foundation that serves a network of local non-profits. Adobe’s $1 million donation will help provide low-income individuals and families in Santa Clara County through The Santa Clara County Homelessness Prevention System Financial Assistance Program with immediate financial assistance to help pay rent or meet other basic needs. Additionally, we are donating $250,000 to the Valley Medical Center Foundation to purchase life-saving ventilators for Bay Area hospitals.
- We are also making a $1 million donation to the COVID-19 Fund of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, the recognized global leader in providing rapid disaster relief and basic human and medical services. Adobe’s support will help aid vulnerable communities impacted by COVID-19 around the world. This is in addition to the $250,000 we are donating to Direct Relief and £100,000 we are donating to NHS Charities Together as a part of our #HonorHeroes campaign.
- In support of the community in India, we are donating $1 million towards the American India Foundation (AIF) and the Akshaya Patra Foundation. The donation will help AIF source much-needed ventilators for hospitals, while the grant for Akshaya Patra will provide approximately 3 million meals to impacted families.
- We are committed to supporting the creative community. Each year we get an incredible number of applicants to the Adobe Creative Residency program. This year, in response to the extensive need in the creative community for monetary support and career guidance, we’ve decided to expand the program. In addition to the new Creative Residents this year, we’re excited to announce a $1 million Creative Residency Community Fund. This fund will enable us to support many more creators by funding their projects and hiring them for Adobe-commissioned projects.
- Our goal is to always empower our employees to make a positive difference in the world and we want to do so again now. Beginning March 23rd and through April 30th, we are committing $1 million to match – and double – employee donations to organizations that are providing direct COVID-19 relief efforts in the communities where we operate around the world. Employees can also get involved in our virtual volunteer program, where we continue to identify new opportunities with our non-profit partners as they go digital in response to COVID-19. In March alone, we are proud to share employees logged 8,000 volunteer hours – up 35% YoY.
To support our customer during this time, we are immediately implementing a number of customer-friendly programs intended to provide continued access to our products. Including helping educators facilitate distance learning through greater access to Adobe Creative Cloud desktop apps and free distance learning resources.
While the COVID-19 crisis is affecting everyone, we know that there are those who are facing more hardship than others. At Adobe, we are committed to supporting our neighbors locally and globally.
To find out more about these organizations, apply for financial assistance if eligible, and/or contribute in other ways, please visit:
- The Santa Clara County Homelessness Prevention System Financial Assistance Program
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Regional Response Fund of the Silicon Valley Community Foundation
- COVID-19 Fund of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- American India Foundation’s COVID-19 Response Fund
- Akshaya Patra Foundation’s COVID-19 Relief Feeding Program
- Direct Relief’s COVID-19 Relief Response Fund
- #HonorHeroes – Use your creativity to honor people who are keeping our world turning
*This post was updated on May 6 with additional donation information.
Topics: News, Responsibility, Community