New Adobe Acrobat for Box streamlines productivity in the cloud
by Diego Dugatkin
posted on 08-06-2020
The need for cloud productivity continues to grow at a fast pace, especially as most people are working remotely. The challenge for IT administrators is centralizing how digital applications and solutions are managed and deployed across the organization, when employees are de-centralized from the office.
Since 2016, Adobe and Box have been working closely together to help people from small businesses to enterprises do their best work with the billions of PDFs stored in Box. Our joint customers have been using Adobe Acrobat DC and the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to open files and get work done with PDFs in Box, as well as sending documents to be signed directly from Box using Adobe Sign. Today, we’ve delivered a new solution to help make enterprise workers’ lives just a bit easier right now, Adobe Acrobat for Box.
The Adobe Acrobat for Box integration helps employees access essential PDF and e-signature workflows directly in Box. Employees can stay in the cloud and no longer need to download the file to their individual desktop. For IT professionals, it’s as easy as flipping the ‘on’ switch from the Box Admin console to make sure employees who use Box have access to the tools they need to be productive in today’s new normal of remote work.
“Enabling secure remote work for employees, customers, and partners is a top priority for businesses today,” said Varun Parmar, Chief Product Officer at Box. “We are excited to partner with Adobe to power simple, secure, and powerful document workflows in the cloud for our customers so that they can have the productivity solutions they need to work from anywhere.”
With the new integration, users will have the following capabilities from Adobe Acrobat directly within Box:
- View high fidelity PDFs with an integrated Acrobat web viewer with search and annotation tools.
- Create high-quality PDFs that preserve fonts, formatting, and layouts.
- Modify and organize existing PDFs with the available delete, reorder, and rotate capabilities.
- Combine multiple file types including PDF, Microsoft Office, image, text, and Adobe design into one that you can use for archiving or distribution.
- Export PDFs into editable Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or RTF files that preserve fonts, formatting, and layouts.
- Send a document for signature and track its progress with Adobe Sign from the Box Recommended Apps experience, a rich list of curated, contextual applications that customers see whenever they preview a file in Box.
- Capture e-signatures in the Box Activity Stream, a central place to view all the activity related to a file both on Box and across all third-party applications
68 percent of the Fortune 500 use Box, and Acrobat DC subscribers who use Box will have access to Adobe Acrobat for Box straight away. This new solution is an example of how we partner with leading cloud productivity solutions like Box who share our goal of bringing best-in-class PDF experiences in the popular cloud productivity solutions where people already store, work, sign, and collaborate with PDFs.
To learn more about Adobe Acrobat for Box, visit here.
At Adobe, we believe that everyone deserves respect and equal treatment, and we also stand with the Black community against hate, intolerance and racism. We will continue to support, elevate, and amplify diverse voices through our community of employees, creatives, customers and partners. We believe Adobe has a responsibility to drive change and ensure that every individual feels a sense of belonging and inclusion. We must stand up and speak out against racial inequality and injustice. Read more about the actions we’re taking to make lasting change inside and outside of our company.
We also know many people are still impacted by the current COVID-19 crisis and our thoughts are with you. The entire Adobe team wants to thank you, our customers, and all creators around the world for the work you do to keep us inspired during this difficult time.
Topics: News, Productivity
Products: Acrobat, Document Cloud