Streamlined Workflows That Make Storytelling Easier
by Adobe UK Team
Posted on 09-14-2020
The latest release from Adobe Creative Cloud video and audio
Today’s current environment is forcing us to rethink and reimagine so much. Content creators, from broadcasters to streaming services to social video creators, are finding new ways of working that prove creativity and resourcefulness are inherent to the video industry. As part of this evolution, Adobe is focused on developing solutions that simplify tasks and improve efficiency to make storytelling easier in the new world we live in.
With IBC Showcase and the return of Adobe Video World (held virtually), we’re excited to share new features available in Adobe Premiere Pro, including Scene Edit Detection (powered by Adobe Sensei) and HDR for Broadcasters, as well as performance improvements for Premiere Pro, After Effects and Audition.
Since launching earlier this year, growing numbers of users are downloading Beta builds of the Adobe video apps, allowing them to explore new tools and provide feedback to the product teams. Today, we are also revealing new features going into our public Beta available now: The After Effects Beta has improved camera tools, and a cool new 3D Transform Gizmo and Premiere Pro Beta users can try out the new Quick Export function. Engagement in our public Beta has exceeded expectations and user feedback has been invaluable as we continue to iterate features and fine-tune functionalities across our video products.
Install Beta builds from the Creative Cloud Desktop App
Simplifying workflows in Premiere Pro
The Premiere Pro team has been analysing workflows from start to finish to identify areas that can be streamlined, always with the goal of accelerating editorial and simplifying tasks while ensuring the user retains full control over their content. Users can now take advantage of the following features:
- Scene Edit Detection allows editors to quickly find cuts in previously edited video, faster and more accurately, thanks to Adobe Sensei. The feature adds cuts and markers so that users can apply effects to individual shots and re-edit previously rendered content quickly and efficiently.
- HDR for Broadcasters enables users to produce programming in Rec2100 HLG HDR for modern HDR broadcasting, including automatic colour conversion, HDR scope support, colour space overrides for incorrect metadata, and full colour management for Apple ProRes and Sony XAVC Intra formats.
- Quick Export (in public Beta) offers easy access to the most popular and frequently used export settings, right from the header bar in Premiere Pro. Editors can use the default high-quality H.264 output with matched Source Settings or choose from a short list of H.264 presets that allow you reduce the size of your export files.
Modernising motion design in After Effects
Graphics artists rely on After Effects for motion design and working in 3D has become essential in producing compelling content for broadcast and advertisers, especially for things like product commercials that use both 2D and 3D design elements. To modernise the 3D experience, we’re currently testing the following After Effects features in public Beta:
- 3D Transform Gizmos help users navigate a scene faster and more intuitively. Scale, position, and rotate layers with helpful guides that shows how far a layer or object has been moved and how many degrees it has been rotated. Users can switch between gizmo modes to focus on a single task and make precision adjustments efficiently.
- Camera navigation tools are reimagined, giving artists an intuitive and flexible approach to navigate 3D spaces. The new default scene camera streamlines scene setup. Adding multiple cameras to a scene showcases various viewpoints and intuitively orbit, pan, and dolly around objects using customisable keyboard shortcuts.
Try the new 3D Transform Gizmo in the After Effects Beta
Coming soon to Character Animator
- Sequence Takes allows users to arrange selected takes on the Character Animator timeline (similar to the Sequence Layers function in After Effects). Arrange and play takes one after the other to help streamline your workflow on the Timeline. Learn more about what’s coming to Character Animator or download the Character Animator Beta today.
Improving performance across the applications
- ProRes multicam performance in Premiere Pro can support up to 2x more streams, accelerating editing workflows with this widely used format.
- Coming shortly to After Effects, Channel effects are now GPU-accelerated, providing up to 1.65x faster performance. These include Minimax, Shift Channels, Set Channels, and Channel Combine.
- OpenEXR Previews for multi-part and multi-channel files are now up to 3x faster in After Effects (this improvement was included in the August performance update for After Effects)
- Faster Effects scanning for VST3 and Audio Unit (AU) plugins in Audition and Premiere Pro means faster launch times for users with third-party audio plugins. Effects scanning is up to 15x faster on macOS and up to 10x faster on Windows.
Today’s release is available for download via the Creative Cloud desktop application, including both the release version and the public Beta.
Adobe’s partner eco-system continues to expand with a variety of new and enhanced workflow integrations for Premiere Pro, After Effects and Audition. The latest partner integrations and tools from IBC Showcase can be found in the Adobe Video & Audio Partner Finder. Other resources from Adobe at IBC include:
Topics: Creativity, Video, audio, video, UK, UK Exclusive, Creative EMEA
Products: Creative Cloud, After Effects, Premiere Pro