New innovations for Adobe Campaign to meet changing dynamics for marketers
Adobe Campaign v8 is designed for cross-channel marketers who need best-in-class cross-channel campaign management and a cloud solution with enterprise scale.
By Arthur Lacroix
Posted on 03-31-2021
In the past year, consumers have flocked to online channels for purchases, research, and to connect with brands. These evolving habits, dynamics, and priorities have accelerated the pace of change for marketers, making it more vital than ever for marketers to be agile and do things quickly and at scale.
Scale isn’t just dealing with messy data sets and massive volumes of data for queries and reports or reaching millions of customers quickly. It also has to do with scaling tactics across teams, channels, and customer experience strategies.
This can be a challenge, as marketers work with stale data sets or have to wait forever for data to be processed when working with complex or sizable queries, especially when managing experiences across multiple channels. This results in missed opportunities to provide meaningful experiences when customers engage and inefficiencies in managing cross-channel strategies that result in higher costs.
We are bringing innovations with a new major version release of Adobe Campaign to address these challenges and the rapidly evolving dynamics in cross-channel marketing. The Adobe Campaign team is excited to announce that Adobe Campaign version 8 will be generally available at the end of May 2021. Adobe Campaign v8 is designed for cross-channel marketers who need the best-in-class cloud solution for cross-channel campaign management with enterprise scale.
This release brings significant infrastructure, security, deliverability, and monitoring enhancements. By leveraging the new Cloud Database Manager, Adobe Campaign can now leverage cloud scale database technologies to dramatically improve its scale and speed. This gives organizations the ability to manage 100s of millions of customer profiles, as well as much higher message delivery rates across both batch and transactional messaging.
Adobe Campaign Highlights:
- Speed and scale. Adobe Campaign v8 leverages the Cloud Database Manager, resulting in queries that perform up to 200x faster than current versions, provide the ability to scale to 200M customer profiles with a roadmap that will increase this to 1B profiles — increased storage up to multiple petabytes, and faster throughput for batch messages up to 20M/hour and up to one million per hour for transactional messages. Early results are promising. Beta customers of Adobe Campaign v8 have seen the prep time for delivering messages shrink from hours to minutes, even while they double the number of customer profiles.
- Connections to the Adobe Experience Platform. Adobe Campaign v8 supports data connectors with Real-Time CDP and Adobe Experience Platform, so organizations can leverage the real-time unified Customer Profile. In addition, Adobe Campaign v8 is natively integrated with the real-time journey orchestration capabilities so that marketers can reuse the same templates and delivery capabilities in Adobe Campaign to engage with customers in real-time. These investments will optimize the Adobe Campaign customer experience and unlock new use cases such as the ability to add individualized real-time customer journeys to campaigns.
- Best-in-class campaign management. Adobe Campaign v8 provides marketers with best-in-class capabilities to plan, launch and measure campaigns across channels. Capabilities include an integrated profile that provides a single view of the customer. Data management and segmentation for campaign audience building at scale. Cross-channel workflow management for automating multi-channel and multi-wave campaigns. Integrated email, reducing reliance on costly ESPs. Reporting and analytics for understanding customer behavior and campaign performance.
Additionally, Adobe Campaign v8 will be available as a Managed Cloud Service, providing marketers with a more agile, secure and scalable cross-channel campaign management solution with a low total cost of ownership. The new offering combines best-in-class services with proactive oversight and timely alerting, focusing on three areas:
- Cloud agility — automation by Adobe, featuring optimized, standardized cloud deployments for more predictable performance, greater agility, and improved self-service productivity.
- Service experience — proactive availability, capacity, and performance monitoring and response to prevent disruptions, resolve incidents faster, and review service regularly for continuous improvement.
- Deep Campaign expertise — high-affinity service from expert Customer Engineering teams to meet functional, technical, or deliverability needs, cut deployment risk, and improve change management.
This release is a game-changer for marketers. They will be able to run queries and launch cross-channel campaigns at a never-before-seen scale, increase message delivery and preparation speed to high volumes, save time, and gain efficiencies so they can spend more time focusing on the customer experience.
Our beta customers are providing positive feedback regarding the strategy and investments we are making in Adobe Campaign. Early feedback includes reassurance of the investments they’ve made in Adobe Campaign, as well as planned future investments with the Adobe ecosystem. One beta customer saw immediate results on data management capabilities, running queries ten times faster and sending outbound offers at scale. Another indicated that Adobe makes the right choice and helps remove major obstacles and challenges by focusing on performance, scale and big data.
To see Adobe Campaign in action, check out videos on the Adobe Campaign YouTube Playlist or visit Adobe Campaign product pages. Explore the Adobe Campaign Community, the online platform for Adobe Campaign users to exchange product knowledge and engage in a process of collective learning. It provides instant support for queries, access to product updates, announcements, learning resources and serves as a connection building platform among users, and between users and Adobe experts.
Topics: Digital Transformation, News, Campaign Management, Campaign Orchestration, Experience Cloud
Products: Campaign, Experience Cloud