36 Days of Type 2021
Starting on April 5, Adobe is proud to partner with 36 Days of Type to celebrate the art of type and lettering design around the world.
By Raelynn Hampton
Posted on 04-01-2021
Ready, set, design!
Starting on April 5, Adobe is proud to partner with 36 Days of Type to celebrate the art of type and lettering design around the world. For the next 36 days, any designer, illustrator, artist, or hobbyist can put their own creative take on a letterform and share it with the world. On May 7, a panel of five judges around the world will pick the most unique, creative, or innovative letterform sets. Six winners will be awarded a one-year Creative Cloud subscription for their 36 Days of Type submission.
What is 36 Days of Type?
36 Days of Type started as a personal project for graphic designers Nina Sans and Rafa Goicoechea. They decided to challenge themselves to create something new and experiment every day. Since then, Sans and Goicoechea have inspired the world to push its creative boundaries. 36 Days of Type continues its expansion this year by bringing in prominent designers to help judge the submissions.
The “36” days correspond with the 26 letters of the Latin alphabet (A–Z), plus ten single-digit numerals (0–9). Anyone can design their own letterforms at their own pace following the calendar days.
To join the festivities, simply share your letterforms on social media using the hashtags #36daysoftype + #36days_[LETTER/NUMBER]. For example, on the first day, the hashtag is #36days_A.
Ready to create?
Here is how to join the contest for a chance to win!
Design a complete set of all 26 letters of the Latin alphabet and 10 single-digit numerals, using any Creative Cloud tool.
- Check out our collection of free 3D models, optimized for Adobe Dimension, and created by the Adobe Stock 3D specifically for this challenge. For easy trips and tricks about how to use these assets in Dimension, visit 36 Days of Type with Adobe Dimension.
- Download the Adobe Aero app and explore either the decorative or minimal letters in the Starter Assets to create an immersive 36 Days of Type design experience. For some amazing insights on how to compose an AR scene, visit 36 Days of Type with Adobe Aero.
- Get inspired by the lovely letters already included in your Creative Cloud subscription by browsing the thousands of typefaces in Adobe Fonts.
- Use the 2021 calendar from 36 Days of Type as a guide to post your artwork to the corresponding days.
- Share your completed project on social media (Twitter or Instagram) with hashtag #36Days_Adobe and #contest by May 7, 2021.
Six winners will be selected to receive a one-year Creative Cloud subscription. View the terms and conditions.
Judges from around the world will vote on the most innovative, creative, or unique letterforms.
We look forward to seeing your first designs on April 5, and we hope you will follow along for daily design inspiration.
Topics: Creativity, Insights & Inspiration, Art, Creative Inspiration & Trends, Design, Illustration, Typography, Media & Entertainment, Creative Cloud,