Adobe Substance 3D apps now included with Creative Cloud All Apps plan for higher education
By Patrick Hoy
Posted on 06-28-2021
We’re excited to announce that the new Adobe Substance 3D collection, an ecosystem of state-of-the-art 3D tools, is now included with the Creative Cloud All Apps plan for higher education at no additional cost. Creative Cloud plans for higher education customers have been updated to include Substance 3D Painter, Designer, Sampler (previously Alchemist), and a new app, Stager.
Substance 3D for higher education doesn’t include access to 3D assets at this time.
To get started with Substance 3D, students, faculty, and staff who have access to Creative Cloud All Apps plan for higher education should do the following:
1. Visit the Creative Cloud page.
2. Install Substance 3D Painter, Designer, Sampler, and Stager.
For colleges and universities interested in both Substance 3D and Creative Cloud, we offer special pricing for departments and entire institutions. Find the best plan for your students.
What’s included in the Substance 3D collection?
- Substance 3D Stager — Build and assemble 3D scenes in Stager. Set up assets, materials, lights, and cameras for virtual photography. Export and share media and publish to the web or AR. (Note that Stager is not yet available on Apple M1 chips.)
- Substance 3D Painter — Get all the tools you need to seamlessly texture your 3D assets, from advanced brushes to Smart Materials that automatically adapt to your model. Painter is the best-in-class authoring app that enables you to paint 3D textures on models and meshes in real time.
- Substance 3D Designer — The industry-standard parametric authoring tool offers unparalleled artistic control over the creation of materials, image filters, and dynamic geometry.
- Substance 3D Sampler (previously Substance Alchemist) — Use the intuitive authoring tool to create materials for 3D by leveraging real-life images.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Substance 3D apps included in the Creative Cloud All Apps plan?
Licensees of the Creative Cloud All Apps plan for higher education will receive an entitlement to the Substance 3D apps at no additional cost. Outside of higher education, Substance 3D apps are sold separately through Substance 3D plan. Check out special pricing for higher education.
Are 3D assets included in the Substance 3D plans?
No, Substance 3D assets aren’t included in the Creative Cloud All Apps for higher education plan at this time.
What type of hardware, operating system, and GPU do I need?
More powerful hardware and graphics processors improve the experience with the Substance 3D apps. Learn more.
How can students get access to Substance 3D?
Substance 3D is included at no cost in Creative Cloud plans for colleges and universities. 3D assets aren’t included in the higher education plan. Substance 3D texturing apps are available to students and teachers free of charge. (Requires creating a Substance account.)
Substance 3D apps are not available to K–12 institutions at this time.
Have more questions about Adobe Substance 3D? See the complete FAQ.
Topics: News, Creativity, Trends & Research, Education, Creative Cloud,
Products: Creative Cloud, Substance,