Adobe and Walmart partner to integrate Walmart’s omni-channel fulfillment technologies and Marketplace with Adobe Commerce
Omni-channel integration between brick and mortar and e-commerce stores has improved significantly over the past decade. However, the events of the past year forced a major refocus on merchants’ ability to offer seamless, contact-free experiences, like pickup, across channels as digital commerce proliferated.
According to the latest data from Adobe Digital Economy Index, the percentage of buy online pickup in-store (BOPIS) orders for retailers that offer the service has increased from 7 percent in January 2018 to 22 percent in June 2021, demonstrating a growing consumer demand for retailers to offer proven, scalable omni-channel technologies.
Walmart partnership to benefit Adobe Commerce and Magento Open Source retail customers
Today, we are excited to announce a new partnership with Walmart to make several of Walmart’s technologies and capabilities available to Adobe Commerce and Magento Open Source customers. Our retail customers will soon benefit from being able to implement Walmart’s fulfillment technologies in their own physical stores to offer exceptional pickup experiences and to reach new customers by syndicating their products online on Walmart Marketplace.
Here are some additional details on the initial partnership benefits for Adobe’s retail customers:
- Provide Best-in-class Store Pickup Experiences: Offering omni-channel services can be a complex process for retailers. By leveraging Walmart’s industry-leading fulfillment technologies, Adobe Commerce customers will be able to:
- Show store pickup eligibility and available pickup times online
- Offer multiple pickup options including curbside and in-store pickup
- Provide store associates with advanced mobile tools to optimize pick path, multi-order pickups, validate item selection and manage substitutions
- Enable compelling collection experiences for consumers, including order pickup communications, check-in options to notify store associates, accurate customer ETA, and arrival detection
- Reach New Customers through Walmart’s Marketplace: Adobe Commerce and Magento Open Source retail customers will soon be able to syndicate and sell their products on Walmart’s rapidly growing Marketplace, giving them access to millions of new customers who frequently shop on Walmart.com. By joining the Marketplace, our retail customers will also have access to Walmart’s Fulfillment services to offer two-day shipping to customers nationwide. Lastly, we’re already working on consolidating our other channel solutions into a single, unified extension to enable our retail customers to easily manage multiple sales channels via a single integrated tool that provides easy, straight-forward account setup and catalog syndication.
“In light of the pandemic, the most successful merchants have been those that invested in technology to deliver omnichannel fulfillment and frictionless commerce. Adobe’s partnership with Walmart is the latest example of how the company is helping it's merchants deliver differentiated commerce experiences, whether it’s through offering store pickup capabilities or reaching new customers that regularly shop on Walmart.com.”
Jordan Jewell, research director for digital commerce at IDC.
Timing and availability
Adobe’s retail customers in the U.S. will be able to integrate Walmart’s omni-retail technologies in their own storefronts starting in early 2022.