Adobe MAX 2021 Illustration & Digital Painting Track
The Illustration & Digital Painting track at Adobe MAX is for digital artists of all styles and experience levels. If you are a beginner looking to learn from creative experts who draw, paint, and illustrate, this track will give you tactical skill sets and insider tips you can use right away. If you are an experienced professional, you will learn industry secrets and discover new specialties from the top names in the creative field, including concept artists, animation experts, industrial designers, and comic book artists. Either way, join this track for ideas, inspiration, and skill building from leading digital artists who will share their insights, trade secrets, and processes.
This track is for creatives who draw, paint, and/or illustrate, including illustrators, digital artists, 3D designers, graphic artists, creative directors, art directors, beginners, students, and anyone who wants to stretch their creative muscles and learn new tips.
Get excited for Adobe MAX 2021 by learning more about the sessions and speakers of the Illustration & Digital Painting track below.
S401 - Digital Landscape Studies: Plein Air to Studio with Adobe Fresco
Alexandria Neonakis, freelance concept artist and illustrator, Alexandria Neonakis Illustration
Portable digital tools have made plein air painting easier and more accessible than ever. Join concept artist and illustrator Alexandria Neonakis as she creates digital sketches and studies outdoors on location with Adobe Fresco using a Microsoft Surface Pro 8, then moves into Photoshop to finish her painting.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to start a sketch on a Surface Pro 8 in Fresco then bring it into Photoshop to finalize
- Alexandria’s process of taking quick notes and observations on location to help inform a final studio painting
- Tips for taking reference photos on location and how to use them
- Techniques, brushes and thoughts for creating a final landscape study
L407 - Developing Your Drawing Skills with Fresco
Spencer Nugent, illustrator and founder, Sketch A Day
Want to draw, but not sure where to start? In this lab, learn how to grow your drawing skills through digital sketching with Fresco. Join designer, trainer, and all-around creative Spencer Nugent to discover how to use Fresco to flex your creative muscle, bring your ideas to life, and speed up your creative workflows.
In this lab, Spencer will show you:
- The differences between digital and paper sketching
- How to approach your work digitally with Fresco and how it works with Creative Cloud
- Easy tips for beginners to realistically draw everyday objects like headphones, cameras, mugs, and more
- How to work with perspective drawing
- Tips on drawing from your imagination
S402 - The Magic of Learning How to Draw
Alice Lee, artist, muralist, byalicelee
We all drew as kids, coloring outside the lines and scribbling all over the walls. How do we rediscover that sense of wild, creative self-abandonment as adults? Join artist and muralist Alice Lee as she explores learning how to draw again as an adult — and the magical life lessons found in the journey of rediscovering your creative voice, in both art and life.
In this session, you’ll learn:
- Why everyone should feel empowered to draw
- How to build a self-directed drawing curriculum
- What learning to draw (and building a thriving career from that passion) has taught Alice about life and herself
- Tips on getting started drawing, or restarting if you are in a creative rut, and turning that into tangible ideas for self-initiated projects
S404 - The Irresistible Revolution: Art for Activism and Social Good
Danielle Coke, iIllustrator, advocate, entrepreneur, Oh Happy Dani LLC
Join artist and activist Danielle Coke to explore how to use Adobe Fresco to create meaningful illustrations that will help you advocate for causes that matter to you. Discover how to translate information into digestible artwork, bring infographics to life using creative colors and elements, and experience the power of artivism in a fresh and tangible way.
In this session with Danielle, you’ll learn:
- The meaning of artivism and why illustration is such an effective medium
- How to research, conceptualize, and execute illustrated artwork as a tool for education
- Strategies for creating infographics that stand out while staying true to your creative style
Register for the FREE, VIRTUAL Adobe MAX 2021 (October 26-28) to unlock new ideas and grow your skill set alongside a community of like-minded creatives.
Too excited to wait? Check out all the sessions from MAX 2020 in the meantime.