Get Drawn into New Illustration Techniques at Adobe MAX
Keep your drawing and painting skills fresh while learning from the best. From beginners looking to try something for the first time, to seasoned professionals looking to hone their craft, this track is a picture-perfect opportunity to foster new ideas, inspiration, and skill building as leading digital artists and designers share their insights, secrets, and processes. But wait, there’s more! Make lasting connections with creatives across all specialties. We’re talking professional illustrators, digital artists, 3D designers, graphic artists, and more. You’ll be right at home with others passionate about the same things you are.
Here are five must-attend sessions from this track to consider adding to your schedule once you’ve registered for MAX:
Let music ignite your creativity! Dive into the captivating world of gig poster art and music-inspired visuals using Adobe Fresco, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator. Brian Yap, Adobe’s creative director, and is teaming up with award winning illustrator Rob Generette and the dynamic design duo from LA’s DKNG studio, Dan Kuhlken, and Nathan Goldman to give you the unforgettable experience of mastering concept sketching, vector vs. raster, and blending cross-app workflows to help you create your very own band poster. We already know you rock, but now the world will too.
In this full day preconference lab, you’ll learn how to:
- Sketch in Fresco and discover why working digitally has so many advantages
- Set up your compositions, use perspective tools, draw over images, and apply new tips and tricks
- Capture your subject’s likeness and create a vector portrait with Fresco
- Approach creating and executing concepts like the pros
- And more!
Uncover the art of imperfectly perfect lettering in Adobe Fresco. Join Jess Miller, a master of creating whimsical free-flowing hand lettering, as she guides you through creating your own unique illustrative piece. In this live session, you’ll witness Jess’s creative genius at play and gain priceless knowledge about her process.
In this 90-minute course, you’ll learn:
- How to illustrate bold, dynamic, and expressive letterforms
- How to combine illustration and lettering to create a visually compelling composition
- Tips and tricks for digital hand lettering in Adobe Fresco
If you ever dreamed of bringing your illustrations to life, this session is for you. Join the talented multidisciplinary artist, Aurélia Durand, and discover the magic of adding captivating motion to your creations in Adobe Fresco.
In this 90-minute session, you’ll discover:
- What animation is
- How to select the elements in your illustration to engage your audience
- How to mix animated and still elements
- How to use frame-by-frame animation in Adobe Fresco
- How to simplify movements in your animation
Multicolor brushes? Time-saving tools like snap to shape and paint? New animation features? Your wish is Adobe Fresco’s command. Discover the latest features of Adobe Fresco, from multicolor brushes to new animation features. Join senior design evangelist and official brush wizard, Kyle T. Webster, to gain a better understanding of the new tools that will empower you to digitally paint using your favorite drawing app, Fresco.
As Kyle guides you through the newest features during this 60-minute session, you’ll learn how to:
- Find Adobe Fresco drawing tutorials and other learning content to develop your skills
- Make quick selections based on color with the Magic Wand tool
- Create a perspective grid from an imported image
- Add motion to your drawing using motion paths and frames
At the center of product storytelling, ideation, and visualization is an original sketch. The simple act of putting the image in your head onto paper will transform your content into a form of art. In this session, Jamaican-born designer Spencer Nugent will be sharing the secret power of sketching. Drawing upon his impressive career, he will demonstrate how to use Adobe Fresco’s sketching tools to inform your design process and gain that creative edge we’re always chasing.
In this 60-minute session, you’ll learn how to:
- Visualize ideas quickly using perspective by sketching with rapid visualization
- Work efficiently using digital tricks in Fresco to maximize concept exploration
- Enhance product (industrial design) concept presentations with brushes and effects
Already looking forward to all the learning available this year? So are we. Register for Adobe MAX 2023 (October 10-12) to unlock new ideas and grow your creativity and digital skills.