36 Days of Type
36 Days of Type invites designers, illustrators, and graphic artists to share their creative interpretation of letters and numbers.
The 36 Days of Type creative challenge ended on May 8, 2019. See the winning entries below.
Ready, set, design!
Starting on April 2, Adobe is proud to partner with 36 Days of Type to celebrate the art of type and lettering design around the world. For the next 36 days, any designer, illustrator, artist, or hobbyist can put their own creative take on a letterform and share it with the world. On May 8, a panel of six international judges around the world will pick the most unique, creative, or innovative letterform sets. Six winners will be awarded a one-year Creative Cloud subscription for their 36 Days of Type submission.
What is 36 Days of Type?
36 Days of Type started as a personal project for graphic designers Nina Sans and Rafa Goicoechea. They decided to challenge themselves to create something new and experiment every day. Since then, Nina and Rafa have inspired the world to push its creative boundaries. 36 Days of Type continues its expansion this year by bringing in prominent designers to help judge the submissions.
The “36” days correspond with the 26 letters of the Latin alphabet (A–Z), plus ten single-digit numerals (0–9). Anyone can design their own letterforms at their own pace following the calendar days.
To join the festivities, simply share your letterforms on social media using the hashtags #36daysoftype + #36days_[LETTER/NUMBER]. For example, on the first day, the hashtag is #36days_A.
Congratulations to the winners!
This was not an easy choice for our judges this year as they sifted through thousands of projects. Check out the winning entries!
Shakthi Hari N V
Ready to create?
Here’s how to join the contest and win!
Please note: This challenge ended on May 8, 2019.
- Design a complete set of all 26 letters of the Latin alphabet and 10 single-digit numerals, using any Creative Cloud tool.
- Check out our collection of free 3D models, made for Adobe Dimension, inspired by the Adobe Trajan font, and created by the Adobe Stock 3D team specifically for this challenge.
- Get inspired by the lovely letters already included in your Creative Cloud subscription by browsing the thousands of typefaces in Adobe Fonts.
- Use the 2019 calendar from 36 Days of Type as a guide to post your artwork to the corresponding days.
- Share your completed project on social media (Twitter or Instagram) with hashtag #36Days_Adobe and #contest by May 8, 2019.
Six winners will be selected to get a one-year Creative Cloud subscription. Please see the full rules here.
Want to take your design into another dimension?
Judges from around the world will vote on the most innovative, creative, or unique letterforms. The judges are:
**Rafa Goicoechea: **Co-Founder, 36 Days of Type
**Nina Sans: **Co-Founder, 36 Days of Type
Irem Erkin: Creative Consultant, Curator, 36 Days of Type
**Dan Rhatigan: **Senior Manager, Adobe Type Development
Ariadne Remoundakis: Adobe Fonts Library Manager
Yves Peters: Typographic Consultant
We look forward to seeing your first designs on April 2, and we hope you’ll follow along for daily design inspiration.